AMC: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Random question, why is Dixie also referred to as "Dixie Martin." She has been divorced from Tad since 2002 (a decade!). I have seen widows keep their husband's names (e.g., Natalie was always Natalie Hunter after her divorces because she is Alex Hunter's widow). But Dixie is not a widow. She is Dixie Cooney.

• Members
Thank god. Its time to let go wink.png

Damn, that bad?Alot of divorcees keep their names, especially if they have children together. Dixie was "dead" from 2002-2006. I dont think she was changing any legalities especially since she didnt want anyone to know she was alive. She was back in PV for a year but that really was a priority to her as her main goal was to find Kate. Then she "died" again for another for years. She finally returned in 2011 and within a month was engaged to marry Tad. No point in changing her name back to Cooney when she was planning on marrying him again. I dont see anything wrong with her keeping Martin as a name and it would only be off if she had remarried since Tad, but she hasntNubian god, Jesse, played by the Emmy award winnign Darnel Williams, did that for Angela's good bc he loves her and proves that they are the #1 AA supercouple of ALL time. His real fans know that he only ever acts in her best interest and has never hurt her with a lie

• Members

And now, Cassandra. I see it all ending with Angie throwing Jesse out of the house, David and Angie kissing (sorry, Black people!), Jesse getting drunk and crashing his car, Jesse dying (again, and this time, for realz), Angie crying, and Debbi taking home another Emmy.

Well, I just received a text from Kunta Kinte, so....

• Members

Did Jesse and Angie go to marriage/couple counseling after he officially came back from the dead? I mean, he was presumed dead for over twenty years, and both had major life experiences that changed them. Did the show showcase this, or were they instantly thrown back together to satisfy the super couple fanatics?

Archived