R & B Divas

ChitHappens

• Members

I haven't heard Joe Clair on the radio since the late 90s, so I'll just say that seeing him brought back...memories. I don't even think that they need to redo the reunion (though you're right on him being a wack host that was obviously there to cash a check), but I don't think it is worthy of being a two-parter. The only purpose here is to roast Nicci's Bitter Betty self over the coals and 120 minutes isn't needed for that to happen.

Though I'm not one to snark on any woman for being full-figured, I'll just say that folks are right to go in on Nicci for her shitty fashion sense. And yes, I laughed for a good 5 minutes when Syleena called her "casket sharp".

The only reason that I can think of that KeKe was allowed to slide on by is because they may have been spark off a stabbing frenzy (though a part of me would love to see her ass on The Soup).

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Why are they tap dancing and sugar- footing around the real issues? They should have Joe just reading audience questions...I don't want a darn recap of the AIDS benefit; I want answers! Why Nicci sabotage the tour? Why Nicci make up excuses, play sick, cry and or go off every time she is slated to sing?

What a snooze fest... will watch LA later.

• Members

V, overall, I was not impressed with LA, and I don't think I will bother unless I'm home and have absolutely nothing better to do!

ATL: A 2 part reunion was needed why? I didn't even watch the 2nd half because it was so damn dull! The only thing I hope comes out of that is Nicci realizing what a fashion disaster she truly is! If Syleena does not return, not sure I will either.

• Members

I'll agree with you about ATL, since methinks the "Wizards" overestimated how much buzz the Season 2 happenings got. Frankly, I'd have been fine with Sheryl Lee Ralph hosting a 1-parter, since her 15 minutes were far more watchable than Joe Clair's hosting stint.

LA: I'm sticking with this one because:

a. it's a perfect musical timeline of my childhood to my college years

b. I want to see how long it'll take for Dawn to display her craziness, since I found her omission of certain facts about her leaving En Vogue (as well as skipping over Lucy Pearl) to be telling

c. Chante Moorewub.png

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Even though I knew it was coming, it breaks my heart to see another diva fall from grace in my eyes - especially since I'd been a fan of Kelly since her days of singing backup for Mariah. I will say that Dawn sidestepped my expectations of her being batshit crazy since all I'm seeing is her being a spineless follower.

I've made up my mind that Michel'le's loopiness is due to the sh!t that she was put through while being married to both Dre and Suge.

I am glad to see that my lovely impression of Chante has been kept intact (so far). Not much to say about L'il Mo, but I do hope that Claudette eventually breaks free from the fog of depression that she is obviously under.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Finally, some happy reality TV news!This morning TV One announced on News One Now that the network has picked up its popular reality series R&B Divas Atlanta for a third season and R&B Divas LA for its second season. Both series are slated to return in 2014 and according to a news release, production on season three of the Atlanta branch of R&B Divas will begin this month. DAngela Proctor, SVP of Programming and Production for TV One, said in the press announcement:The most recent seasons of the Atlanta and Los Angeles series, as well as their post-season reunion specials, enjoyed stellar ratings success in 2013marking some of our highest-rated telecasts in network history. The divas are not only wildly talented and celebrated music artists, but relatable women with joys and struggles that resonated strongly with our viewers. We look forward to chronicling more of their stories, and drama, in these upcoming seasons.Whats perhaps more interesting than the renewal is news of who will and will not be returning to R&B Divas Atlanta. The press release notes returning cast members will be Syleena Johnson, Angie Stone, Monifah Carter, Keke Wyatt, which means Nicci Gilbert got the boot, as did Latocha Scott, who just joined in season two. So far theres no word on the R&B Divas LA cast, but we have to wonder whether Nicci is still producing series and chose to remain behind the scenes or is out of the franchise altogether.Will you still watch without her?__________________

• 3 months later...

Archived