R & B Divas

ChitHappens

• Members

Lawd! I happen to catch the first few eppies of S2 yesterday, and Kee Kee Wyatt is one evil miserable bitch! Good lawd she is so damn childish and venomous for no reason. I take it she was in an abusive relationship so she feels she has a right to behave the way she does? My god! Angie Stone needs to whip that ass!

Can Kee Kee sing? Absolutely! She smoked "Tell Me Something Good". Hell, it was almost as good as Chaka. She is probably the most talented of the cast. But that is canceled out because she's such an ugly person! I can't stand the sight of her! It's funny she has such a potty mouth and soul when she talks about Church and God every 5 seconds!

I'm willing to forgive Monifah's hair because purple is my favorite color.

Didn't even miss Faith Evans at the CK tribute. What a dullard!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not really. I didn't see S1, but this is about 6 has beens pulling together to go on tour. In the interim, we see their personal lives and how they can't get along to save their lives. And I'm going to agree with Funky Dineva, this is one of the most realistic reality shows I've seen thus far. There is no way Kee Kee is acting. She's truly a self entitled venomous immature bitch.

Monifah is definitely a one hit wonder, and outside of Faith Evans, I've never heard of the others.

• Members
lol, then why the heck are these bitches called divas? When I think R&B diva, I think of the likes of Chaka, Patti, Aretha; you know women who are relevant and transcend time. Definetly not one hit wonder has beens

• Members

I watched the first two episodes last week. I know Angie Stone, Faith Evans, Latocha Scott, and KeKe Wyatt (from her songs with Avant) I have NEVER heard of Monifah, Nicci Gilbert, and I forgot thee other one's name....

Anywho this show was pretty boring and I don't like KeKe but will prob keep checking in. They already have a LA spinoff in the works

Lil Mo,Kelly Price, Chante Moore, Claudette Ortiz, Dawn Robinson (from En Vogue) and Michel'le Toussaint will be on the LA one.

I don't know who the hell Claudette Ortiz is but I love Michel'le's song "Something In My Heart"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFHYBbi99jw

• Members

I know Angie Stone, Faith Evans and Monifah. Keke's name sounds familiar but I dont know her music. Never heard of the others

The LA cast is more recognizable. Ive heard of all those women except Michel'le. Claudette was in the group City High. She f--ked both male members and ruined their friendship! I loved their song What Would You Do when I was younger. Im sure you've heard of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyg5IoEv8oA

• Members

It's about time that someone started a thread (especially since I'm still miffed that my Braxton Family Values thread sunk like the Hindenburg) - especially since this features real singers from my era of R&B.

Ketara has shown herself to be a couple of fruits short of a salad (to put it mildly) via interviews throughout the years, so I'm not at all surprised that she is showing out the way that she is. However, I was surprised to see Angie exercise some restraint because I remember how much of a miserable bitch she was on Celebrity Fit Club.

I'm not even sure if Faith's plan to exit this show is still in motion (the plan was to introduce Angie and LaTocha to make up for her absence) because I keep hearing different things here and there.

• Members

Actually, the closest thing to a 'one-hit wonder' on this show (and even that is debatable) is Syleena Johnson (with "Guess What", though the most exposure that she'd gotten was singing the hook on Kanye's "All Falls Down"). Ketara's success comes from her duets with the bootleg R. Kelly known as Avant (though I will say that she's usually the best part about them), Monifah's had moderate hits through the latter half of the 90s, Nicci was in Brownstone (a.k.a.: one of the most underrated R&B girl groups of my lifetime) who also had moderate hits (aside of "If You Love Me"), LaTocha was in XScape (who had their share of hits, contrary to how some folks choose to pretend that En Vogue and TLC were the only R&B girl groups that existed), and Angie's had hits as a solo artist and in a group.

• Members

wub.png @ Something In My Heart = one of my favorite torch songs.

Would've much preferred that Kelly replaced Nicci in ATL (because she's the miserable bitch of that bunch), though I am happy to see her her along with Chante Moore (another criminally underrated singer that I adore).

Claudette's best known for being the chick from City High, rumored Wyclef jump-off, and one of the reasons why her former bandmate found himself on an episode of Intervention:

Can't wait to see LA because I know that Dawn will serve up the fuckery.

• Members

Yeah I read on some urban blogs that Nicci and Faith were leaving the show. Nicci and her attitude generally gets on my nerves. Especially her trying to get mad at Syleena (looked up her name) about supposedly hitting Monifah. Her whole argument confused me like she was getting mad just to be mad.

Archived