Chicago PD: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

My Jay/Lindsay shipping heart is breaking. Jesse Lee Soffer was so good in last night's episode.

I'm beginning to have a problem with this show and that virtually every single cop on it is "dirty". None of them really play by the book, and I think it makes the morality of the show very murkey. I don't particularly want to believe this is a realistic representation of how the police force operates.

I'm also getting tired of the over use (IMO) of cross overs. I don't mind them occasionally, but I think the lines between PD and Fire are too blurred. I'm sure part of my objection is because I don't want to watch Severide and Lindsay.

• Members

I know right! Is it wrong how much I was laughing when Antonio pushed and slapped Jay? I legit screamed with laughter.

See, now you share my pain, they seriouly have pointless crossovers just because they can. There is no reason!

I am not surprised that it was Lonnie's dad. He was tired and he would have done it again.

Glad most of the squad had Jay's back.

I am SO here for Burgess & Ruzek.

I love Platt.

• Members

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS! I will go down with this ship!

Platt is the Desk Sargent that is a hard ass and continues to make me laugh day in and day out when it comes to this show.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuup! I swear they need to get it over with and next season tone down the cross overs unless it is really pertinent to the damn story. The only one I have seen justified was when Dawson crossed over after her nephew was kidnapped. Other than that they do it just to do it and WHY is Lindsay the only one that crosses to Chicago Fire and SVU? I wanna see Antonio, Jay or Al somewhere else.

• Members

I don't care about seeing more crossovers with other characters. I just want less overall. And if they're going forward with this Severide/Lindsay stuff, I want something else for Jay. They will make me sick of Lindsay if they continue to push her on both shows. I wasn't particularly a fan in the first place. This is the kind of stuff that makes me change the channel.

tumblr_n3l6pgfvCu1rvgg9ho3_250.gif

• Members

Don't be sorry. He's not my favorite by a long shot, and he's the major culprit that is giving me the problem with the overall tone of the show. Each week I grow more disturbed by the lawlessness of the cops in the special unit. I know it's fiction and I should not be so concerned by it, but it continues to build and I just find it very unsettling. And I think I prefer Chicago Fire too because it has more heart IMO, but I still like PD a lot. Last night's episode was really good except I don't know how I feel about Jay's new girlfriend. Seems kind of clingy, but if it gets him shirtless I will deal. Just discovered Platt and I have the same first name. Ha!

I loved the scene between Burgess and Ruzak where she told him to cover her ass and he watched her walked away and quietly said "Covered".

I thought the fight scenes were kind of weird. I guess maybe because they were sustained and very choreographed. It came off kind of like some Kung Fu movie.

And my Linstead shipping heart continues to break. But I liked how Jay and Erin talked casually about their love lives without going into much detail. They're still really great as friends, and I'm glad that they continue to develop that slowly and build it a brick at a time. Maybe they will never be more than friends, and I guess I can settle for that.

tumblr_n3ouvfqejC1qlp7rso9_250.png

Archived