Y&R: Jeanne Cooper has passed away

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A huge piece of what is left of daytime died today. This saddens me greatly. While Y&R was not MY soap, I've watched off and on throughout the years and through it all Katherine/Jeanne was a tour de force. Y&R is a shell of its former self as it is, but even that shell is breaking now with Jeanne Cooper gone.

My thoughts are with her family during this time.... Jeanne still up until recently seemed so vibrant and full of life... I guess going quickly like this is probably best than lingering for years.

• Members

Daniel Goddard's FB page:

I am just crushed to hear that #JeanneCooper has passed away. We have lost an icon. She was the grand dame, a beautiful soul who touched the lives of millions. I am honored and so privileged to have been part of her miraculous life... and she will always be in my heart.

Ronn Moss' FB page:

Jeanne Cooper, your inspiration and generosity of positive spirit will live on in our hearts always. Thank you, my friend, for all you are. Love and Light R

Emme Rylan ‏@EmmeRylan 2h

This is truly a sad day for daytime. Rest in peace beautiful Jeanne Cooper. Sending love and prayers to her loved ones. #YR

tristanrogers ‏@tristanrogers 2h

Daytime is the lessor today from the loss of Jeanne Cooper. I sure will miss her.

• Members
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Thank u all for ur love &amp; support. I'm crushed to lose my mentor, friend &amp; co-worker. Sweet dream, Jeanne. My love to ur family!</p>&mdash; KATE LINDER (@KATELINDER) <a href="
8, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Members

It's been forever since I've posted in any community, but this news just depresses me and I needed to post with others that truly care for the genre. Jeanne Cooper was always an energetic and dynamic individual and remarkable actress. I will NEVER forget the years of laughters and tears she provided me; and I know this sounds cheesy, but even after falling off from Y&R, I feel like I have just lost a dear family member. I am truly saddened by Jeanne departure and my deepest condolences goes out to all her loved ones. RIP Jeanne, you phenomenal woman! I will never forget you, and I will always respect you and your craft.

Y&R will NEVER be the same. This is truly an end of the era. Two of the BELL's finest have left an incredible void and remarkable legacy on their respective shows. sad.pngsad.pngsad.png

• Members

She should have passed the task on to an assistant who had been with the show longer if she found herself at a loss for words. I haven't been the EP of the show even a single day, don't watch the show and never will, and I could conjure up a warmer statement effortlessly.

Archived