Y&R: Jeanne Cooper has passed away

• Members

I too started watching Katherine in 1999 (it could have been 1998). That was a great storyline with her and Jill talking about the past and then she almost takes a drink but ends up at the homeless Shelter where she meets her grandaughter. I still remember the chill i got that day when she told Mac (at the shelter) to go to the Chancellor mansion one more time to see her grandmother and then at the end of the episode Katherine walkes down the stairs all dressed up making a grand enterance.

It was such fun.

I've always loved her mostly because she reminded me a lot of my own grandmother (who passed away several years ago.) She looked a lot like her (if my grandmother had been rich and loved jewlery.)I also loved watching her son Corbin on L A Law reruns (still waiting for the season DVD'S!) and i've seen her son Colin in a couple of late night movies.

it's weird, just when i get my Viki (OLTL) back, we loose Katherine Chancellor.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My heart goes out to her family as well as the Y&R family. JC is truly one of the top legends in our business and I know Y&R wont be the same without her.. Praying for peace and comfort for all those close to her. What a blessing that she was able to work practically right up to the end with her final scenes airing just last Friday. Wow. Amazing. I hope for the fans that Katherine's passing and funeral storyline is amazingly well written for a great send-off to a woman who has been such a part of the heart and soul of this genre. I've never been a Y&R regular viewer.. but I know the imact of JC on this genre and the accomplishment of her work and her legacy. Here's to you Mrs. Chancellor!

• Members

This from Thom Bierdz, I found this the saddest...

"my friend, the great Jeanne Cooper has finished her earth existence at this time. The last time I saw her was in 2011, when this photo was taken. I told her that night how great she was so many times that her sister told me to stop kissing her ass. But I thought it may be the last time I see her and wanted to let Jeanne know, as an intelligent man who could see a big picture, just how much she had accomplished, and how many people thought about her in such reverence. Few people accomplish what she did, and as a driven man, I respect that most about Jeanne. But I also knew her personally, and we spent so many hours in her dressing room over the decades, just the two of us, talking about very personal stuff. She loved and touched so many people across the globe. I am just one. And eternally grateful to have shared this time, space, existence, dream, with her... Jeanne, may you see how bright you are/were..."

• Members

R.I.P Jeanne Cooper. I will miss you on my screen. Thank you for the years of entertainment you brought almost every day of the week for so many years since I was a boy. Great memories.

I do hope they give her and Kay a great send off and tribute. They both deserve it. Jeanne's final scenes were nice, a great last scene, though I am sure if Jeanne could have she would have gone down fighting with Jill in her last scene lol. Glad to see Jill and Kay being nice to each other. Jess' eyes said a whole lot in that last frame.

• Members

So sad about Ms. Cooper's passing. She was never my favorite actress or character for that matter, but I appreciate the legacy left behind by both Jeanne and Mrs. C. She certainly played a part in making me fall in love with my fave Jess Walton. Watching the two of them spar made viewing that much more of a pleasure, even if I had to sometimes look away with how violent their confrontations could be. I'm glad I picked up her book last year at Barnes & Noble and read it. She led such a full, interesting life and seemed more than happy to put it all out there on the page.

I sincerely hope that Y&R does a fitting tribute, though I'm sure they will. Even with all the in-fighting and backstabbing that goes on at Y&R, this is a company of actors who knows, loves, and respects their Queen and I highly doubt any of them would allow an un-fit tribute to air. Hopefully JFP & JG consult with them when deciding how to pay tribute to the great Jeanne Cooper.

Also, and I know I'm being nitpicky here, but could one of the mods please edit the title of the thread so Jeanne's name is spelt correctly? Thanks!

• Members

Doug Davidson ‏@DougDavidsonYR 13h

With Jeanne, there was no judgement, no rules. She loved you for you. She always had time for you and was so gracious with her love.

Doug Davidson ‏@DougDavidsonYR 13h

I will say with certainty, that Heaven just got a hell of a lot more interesting! God's speed, I love you.

• Members

Still devastated, I keep watching that "Goodnight" scene. It is so eerie, like TPTB Jess Walton and Jeanne Cooper just knew. I don't even mind having Kevin, Chloe there with her in the last scene that aired (of course no one could know). I am sad that Melody Thomas Scott could not be there though; MTS, EB, and JW will just be incredible to watch onscreen.

Archived