Movies That Haven't Aged Well

VirginiaHamilton

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There are some parts of Live and Let Die that stand out in an interesting way (like the funeral scene, and the stuff on the train), but the Jane Seymour parts and the skeevy vibe of "James is with a black chick! Look how daring we are!" I could do without.

The part in the opening where the naked shadow woman wanders around high-fiving angels, or whatever she's doing, annoys me.

• Members

Speaking of dated teen flicks, I know this qualifies as a UO (since I know how beloved it is by many), but this:

sixteen-candles-5.jpg

didn't age well at all. I remember laughing at this as a kid, but being underwhelmed by the cheap and unfunny jokes throughout the flick as an adult. The presence of

long-duk-dong.jpg

didn't help matters, either...

I'm on the fence about

MPW-37791.jpg

though, since I haven't decided if I'm underwhelmed by this flick because it hasn't aged well since it came out almost 20 years ago or because it just wasn't that good.

• Members

I agree that Sixteen candles and Breakfast Club haven't aged well.. though one movie aged really well and it's from the 80s...

Heathersposter89.jpg

Considering all the issues with bullying, suicide, etc... it makes the black comedy all the more tragic nowadays.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I love both Sixteen Candles and The Breakfast Club to this day (but I was born in 1989, so it could be that I wish I had grown up in the 80s more than anything else)--Sixteen Candles is actually my favorite Brat Pack movie as done by John Hughes--but here's a HUGE UO: my favorite Brat Pack movie of all is actually the Joel Schumacher-directed St. Elmo's Fire.

I don't care how dated, narmy, or pusedo-pretentious it is, I LOVE and ADORE that movie, and the Love Theme OWNS MY HEART. And no one, NO ONE, will EVER convince me otherwise. biggrin.png

Archived