• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Watch The First 10 Minutes Of Episode 10

Please register in order to view this content

| RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 8

Wait! Let me guess! Kandy Muse gets Amanda, Jimbo gets Angie, and Jessica Wilde gets Lisa from Helen, Georgia, who works at a non-profit organization. 

Edited by Noel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Not a great season for talent, challenges, or fashion content.  Followed by a boring and hollow feeling finale.

My big takeaway is that the Fame Games need a re-write.  I get that the contestants were posting their looks online, so the show took advantage of that to get more engagement on social media.  However, the voting never made sense.  

1. The show was taped months ago, so it never seemed like votes would actually matter.
  2. How were we supposed to compare the fact that Monica Beverly Hills showed ten looks and Alexis Michelle only showed two looks?  Was it cumulative or only based on their final look?
  3. Multiplying the votes was such an obvious production ploy that it alienated the online audience.

I am happy for the LaLaRi redemption arc, and I hope it furthers their career, but if they try this again there has to be clearer expectations for the game.

One positive note, production seems to have fixed the sound mixing in the finale songs.  In the past few seasons, I could not hear or understand the lyrics because the background music was too loud, and the direction was confusing.  At least in Jimbo's song they focused the camera on her face, and turned up the volume on the singer, so we could see what she was trying to express.  As a result, I've had I Remember Being Born stuck in my head all weekend.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Yes, the Fame Games set up was odd and La La scoring that 3x bonus made the whole thing  a hollow victory.

Still shaking my head seeing Kandy in the final and Ru twice stating she is KM's biggest fan-I have to ask WHY??? and I can't come up with any answers.

Seeing some of the beautiful gowns/looks in the finale runway and then Kandy coming out in the ill fitting basic yellow get up and having Ross swoon was beyond.

And then the lipsync reveal-a bodysuit! Haven't seen that look before,Kandy...

The best thing about the season was Jessica Wild back in the spotlight. I never caught S2 so she was all new to me.

• Members

Ah yes, Jessica Wild will live on forever thanks to her brilliant monologue in the Forensic Queens challenge.

"She found her ETB Card, and on a Taco Tuesday, she never left the card because she loved to celebrate Taco Tuesday. She liked the soft shell, with carne asada. That's her favorite, with guacamole. And guacamole's expensive, so she's not gonna leave without her card… that was weird, for me."

• Members

I was on Team Jessica Wild all the way. RuPaul's Drag Race needs to get their sh*t together, and the producers on this show need to realize that we're catching on very easily. What was the point of the Fame Games when it catered individuals? I have no beef with Lala Ri at all, as I love all of them, but this season of All-Stars 8 was totally rigamorous. 

• Errol changed the title to MTV: RuPaul's Drag Race
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Something's up with Ru. She doesn't look the same Ru in her expressions, the energy is lacking and the eyes are empty, like she is forcing herself to smile. I agree that this is the worst premiere episode. It just felt... boring and stale.