MTV: RuPaul's Drag Race

• Members

I liked the idea of the queens ranking each other.  Especially given that it replaced the stale conversations that usually occur between judging and the lip sync.  But, obviously, it didn't really matter this episode, and I am confused if that will be the twist for the rest of the season.  Because why wouldn't they eventually try to get rid of the good contestants, even though that would ruin the entertainment value for the audience?  For example, why wouldn't get Xunami vote off Q, she's funny and has excellent sewing skills?  But, I want to see what she'll do for the ball challenge.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm a devout watcher. It's been a pretty good season. That body lip-synch was one of the most beautiful murders I've ever seen. Nymphia is my personal favourite, Sapphira is probably going to win. It would be a gag if a "villain" like Plane actually won. 

• Members

Still watching, although a few eps behind.

Amazed that somehow Mhi'ya Aman Le Page hung around week after week. It's not RuPaul's Flip Race-that was all she brought to the show.

No personality, B Grade costume and make up etc.

Love Plane Jane - she knew exactly how to play the game-she did the villain but had the talent to back it up. 

Somehow Sapphira didn't grab me- I acknowledge her professionalism, talent etc but i just couldn't connect. Just me.

• Members

I've read that the writer's strike diminished the opportunities for different challenges in season 16, which may explain why it was so heavily weighted toward fashion challenges. Normally they hire a group of writers at the beginning of the season to pitch new challenge ideas, but this time that was not an option.

Personally, I never preferred the acting challenges, so it is not a big deal.  But, I think that they were lucky to have cast Plain Jane in order to get some backstage drama.  Otherwise, it would've been a bit of a bore.

I am not looking forward to a finale filled with a lip sync smackdown.  My favorite finale was season 8 when the finalists were given lip sync featured performances that were geared toward their personalities.  I feel like they still need to figure out how to end a season with more excitement and polish.