MTV: RuPaul's Drag Race

• Members

Kandy Muse is definitely favored. The judges always praise her to the heavens.

Jimbo is a clear winner to me, apart from the Lip synch fails. A part of me wonders if he deliberately sabotages them so as not to have to eliminate anyone and draw the wrath of the fandom and the other girls. His tearful frustration bit about not winning lip synchs seemed a little fake to me as Jimbo doesn't seem to invest in that Ru psycho babble stuff.

Kandy voting off Jaymes was strategy as Kahanna is obviously weaker and was pretty much out the door the previous week.

Kandy did well in the Rusical but got the killer number. I would have liked Jaymes to stay although his Joan was disappointing (why the baby voice?) and the Grace Jones runway was frumpy.

Kahanna did well in the Rusical but there was nothing about her performance that suggested Joan Crawford. And her Grace Jones was the same.

So Jimbo for the win.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Grrrr....

Kandy has the worst critiques in the improv challenge-as Michelle points out-she just plays Kandy, as she did in Snatch Game and a mediocre runway but Ru says she makes her laugh so she's safe.

Thought Alexis wasn't destined for the chop based on the Kahanna redemtion arc, but La La showed class by voting her out.

• Members

If Kandy was particularly witty or offbeat, maybe I would get it, but for me there's little appeal.

Loved Ru's 'spontaneous' arrival on set (in full makeup and costume) to school the queens. Because of course he's in his trailer monitoring the goings on full time. They even showed a shot of the camera people to push that it was totally unplannned.

And the improv challenge was better edited and more polished than the scripted challenges.

Top 3 Jimbo, Kandy and La La.

• Members

Wow. I don't know what to say about Alexis Michelle. What a two-faced cu-t. Sorry for the language, but that was not a strategic plan. At this point in the game, you gotta go with who you think is a threat to you winning $200,000. Kandy did her check and mate with Jaymes, but now it seems that the chickens are coming home to roost for next week's preview.

You know what? Be true to yourself, but don't tell someone that you have their back and then give them the chop immediately afterward. So scabie-infested skeezy.

• Members

It's becoming a little silly that the Pit Stop is almost as long as the show itself.

I also genuinely gasped at this week's outcome.  It didn't seem strategic, because Kandy has a better chance at winning than LaLa.  I thought LaLa did better at the challenge, and it was redemptive to see her put together a gown in a sewing challenge after her infamous bag dress.

I agree with Alaska that the queens voting each other off of All Stars is bad for the franchise.  It alienates the already rabid fanbase.  It damages the careers of more strategic players, and I would imagine, it reduces the number of queens willing to return, spend a ton of money, and destroy their reputation.   I preferred the star rating system of the last all-stars season, as it was more cordial and focused on their strengths. 

• Members

I love the Pit Stop. I always find it entertaining and getting to hear the queens sassy-ass mouths and get updates on what they're currently doing. With Bianca Del Rio, I think what she's doing is strategic as I hear she may be a contender for RuPaul's Drag Race: All Winners season. I think her hosting the Pit Stop may be an opportunity for Drag Race fans to see a "softer" side of her instead of the notorious insult comic that she is. However, I've heard some more rumors too about Bianca's willingness to go on Drag Race if "certain requests were made". I'll leave it there.

But yeah, so far, Valentina and Mistress Isabelle Brooks have been an absolute riot. I'd actually like to see Sasha Colby be a guest of the Pit Stop for the All Stars finale. The more I'm thinking about Alexis Michelle, the more I'm beginning to think that what she's trying to do is make good television. I still like her, but there's this part of me that cannot stand two-faced people. I watched Untucked after I posted my "fury" post on here, and then I had to re-examine things. I think Alexis Michelle wants an Emmy. Being a theater queen, I think it's more important to her than the individual $200,000 prize itself, but she also cares about how's she's interpreted by the crazy Drag Race fandom.

It should be interesting. I believe Alexis Michelle and Lala Ri are going to be the special guests for the Roscoe's Viewing Party in Chicago next week. Usually (not all the time), their special guests have either won or lost the maxi challenge (and sent home) for that week. 

Heidi N' Closet and Kahanna Montrese have made up after their silly on-line Twitter feud as she was a special guest at Roscoe's last night. Heidi also talks about why she left and if she were to return for a Canada vs. The World or a U.K. vs. The World opportunity. Her special guest appearance was funny though as she was eating hot chicken tenders and a little piece of the chicken went through the wide gap of her teeth and it landed on Batty Davis, lol! I can't remember if it was actually her face or dress. 

Please register in order to view this content

Heidi N Closet - Roscoe's RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 8 Viewing Party

Edited by Noel

• Members

What's done is done and La La is gone. 

If Alexis had been less dramatic over being saved the week before the'betrayal' wouldn't have been so controversial.

Once again Kandy is saved. Her dress was super basic and ill fitting  but she got praised (of course) for such a valiant effort, considering she was not a seamstress.

Jimbo was as amusing as ever and Jessica impresses(but not enough to win)

That episode had more filler than Kahanna's face.