Good Times to the Big Screen!

Bright Eyes

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

*speechless blank stare*

I really don't know where the !@#$%^&*] to begin.

I was certain I was going to see the Wayans brothers attached to this.

There is no other way to do this other than The Brady Bunch Movie's mock/satire style. And that's already been done on The Wayans Brothers.

Scrap the movie idea and bring back the original cast sans Florida (some of the best episodes were ones she wasn't in, no disrespect to the late Ms. Rolle) to TV Land.

• Members

Honestly, besides The Brady Bunch Movie and The Addams Family (though the movie was based more on the original source material), the only TV-to-film successes I can think of were drama/action series. Mission Impossible, Charlie's Angels (I know, I know), The Fugitive, The Untouchables (again, based on the original source material).

Honestly, I don't mind them turning classic TV shows into movies. It's just that they pick the wrong ones and then do them the wrong way. The Dukes of Hazzard could have been a fun movie, but it was stupid. Same with The A-Team and Miami Vice. I may be one of the few people out there who likes The Beverly Hillbillies movie.

• Members

There is no way to do this PERIOD! Dynomite put GT on the map, and when you really think about it, not much else stood out. You had some magnificent performances from Esther Rolle, John Amos, JaNet Dubois and a slew of guest stars, but that is not what carried the show. Unfortunately, it was JJ and the other 2 kids were his back up singers with their microphones turned off, something John Amos had a huge problem with.

There is absolutely nowhere to go with this movie because in 2013, no one gives a damn about "dynomite". I wish they would drop this idea like they did the Dallas idea years ago. Again, there is absolutely nothing you can do with Good Times, The Movie. Please lord, intervene here. PLEASE!!!!!

• Members

I always felt it was ruined when John Amos left and James was killed off. After that, JJ became more buffoonish,Esther Rolle left and suddenly the kids were basically taking care of themselves, Bookman got a bigger role and the fat jokes got worse, Thelma got a husband who was hired because he did impersonations.

• Members

Carl didnt die. He had cancer but was doing better in Arizona so the doctor advice them to stay in Arizona. That is what Florida told Thelma when she called....thats what was used to explain Ester Rolle's disapperance from the show. She returned the following season in episode 1 saying that she could come to the wedding.....No mention of Carl at all...she just arrived and stayed..lol

Ester Rolle said she didnt want Carl mentioned if she was going to return to the show...she thought she should have never married Carl since he didnt believe in God.

Archived