Good Times to the Big Screen!

Bright Eyes

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Me and you both. Saw it in the theatre, love that movie. A very well-cast, faithful tribute to the original. I appreciated the attention to detail, like the perfect castings of Mrs. Drysdale (complete with poodle) and Cousin Pearl.

• Members

Who the hell was writing that corny crap in the final season like his little calypso ditty? Painful to watch. Someone on that staff loved writing that [!@#$%^&*] because you had stuff like the singing telegram girls for cousin Raymond too. I loved their variety show episodes, but worked into an otherwise normal episode, I cringe at that stuff.

For the record, Carl was last mentioned when Florida comes back for Thelma's wedding. She gives Michael a book from Carl.

• Members

No, it can't. The Honeymooners was a classic sitcom on just about every TV critic's top 10 list. The movie was announced and you knew even before it was shot that it was going to be pathetically bad. I never saw it, still haven't, and yet I know it was bad. That it opened up to terrible reviews and came and went in two weeks was not something I needed for confirmation but I thank the critics for proving that sometimes common sense is all you need.

• Members

I'm just remaining objective until the movie actually comes out. It's hard to call a movie terrible that hasn't even been made yet. We don't know if it will even actually be made, some films get announced, yet never get made.

Archived