Y&R Recast

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Marcy Rylan is similar to Kate Mulgrew in that she looks older than she actually is. When Kate started on Ryan's Hope she was 21 playing a romance with a man who was probably mid-40s and they seemed relatively the same age. That doesn't mean she was ugly and isn't an insult, but she looked mature for her age. I feel the same about Rylan. She just had a look and a feel that was too old for the character of Abby based on what they wanted to sell us. Her hair color could be a big part of why she looks old as well. I've never bought her as a blonde. This new actress may be 29, but she looks believable age-wise.

I'm curious if Rylan will have the same old lady problem when she joins GH. Kirsten Storms will be her contemporary and she looks and acts pretty young for her age. They'll be an interesting pair.

• Members

It's not just this board that thinks MR looked too old onscreen I was on other boards including non soap message boards and upon seeing MO's picture said Abby looks much younger now. And I never understood making MR Abby and then giving her that reality show story which was bad in general but looked worse with someone who visual looked mid 30s.

Even worse was they aged the kids up quickly with not one story in mind for them then had the parents have replacement babies!

Archived