Y&R Recast

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL. You have me laughing so hard at my desk (albeit quiet laughter).

Even though they started styling BH differently, I always thought he looked too much like MM, especially in the early stages. Now, I just think he and Summer are mismatched...if a coupling is what they were going for.

But this new guys' pics are as unflattering as they come. Maybe he's not photogenic? I feel for him already being tossed into the Y&R casting maelstrom.

I hope he can act, though because it sounds like some rabid fans will be all over him now.

• Members

I've noticed that every time I'm on that site too. So and so is fired and on cue in come the comments "They were so amazing, wasted talent, why are the writers out to destroyed Y&R by getting rid of the good actors?, etc. I also noticed thought fro mreading comments on other posts though that many of those people don't even watch Y&R so I don't know why they are so hung up on who's cast and who's fired.

• Members

I just found it so jarring that they went from that little girl in the role (sic) when Maura West was on the show to this sleazy sort of Vegas lounge lizard guy in Blake Hood. He was so old and so strange. Nice body, I guess, but just creepy to me.

• Members

People crack me up tweeting "BH is Kyle!" It reminds me of "KS is Noah!" Oh the upset. I'm glad they're bringing in a new Kyle. BH's voice is just ugh. This new guy ain't so hot in the face but sometimes pics aren't the best way to judge. He might appeal to me once I see him onscreen. Long as he can act and has presence is all I care about.

• Members

i can't @:

Tyler being a good actor... he's ridiculously pretty (probably the best looking guy in the cast), tho.

anyone caring that the current Kyle is out the door.

peeps arguing Blake Hood's 'hunk factor' laugh.png

IMO, they are recasting the part because BH is just not 'intense' with a 'dangerous edge' enough. The new guy looks sufficient. He actually looks like he would have been a good recast for Daisy's brother, Ryder. (there were rumors Ryder was being brought back... when that was scrapped, could they have kept this guy on for a Kyle recast instead, because they liked him?)

there were definitely gonna do SOMETHING wrt. Kyle being interested in Phyllis (or something) but dropped it. Now, I see qhy... they were quietly recasting the part, and likely put everything on hold until then.

• Members

I could see it a little more with KS, because they actually gave him material (for a while) and he did a good job with it. But most of the reactions I don't get and it just feels like point-scoring and desperate fawning.

• Members

It's silly how whenever a soap actor is axed (especially the newer ones who haven't been around for even a year), people always urge to have them hired at another soap. GH is more than overcrowded. They've got veterans coming out of their ears! They don't need another newbie or recast on the canvas.

I still think Y&R is way overcrowded too. I can even watch the under 21 crowd because I can't remember who they're all supposed to be the children of.

P.S. Am I the only one who thinks that Joshua Morrow is actually a pretty good actor (and still gorgeous) ?

Archived