Characters that made you stop watching

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH-

Sabrina has made me tune out and find youtube edits without her, because she is insufferable and by far the most propped character in history, and thats saying something. While Connie makes me turn the chan/go do something/FF I didnt full on stop watching and avoid the show because of her.

AMC-

Zendull. Enough said.

• Members
and RC has got you hook, line and sinker. I guess this is one advantage of spreading their appearances out. He gets to keep people like you much longer even though he isn't really using the returned vets. They're there but really not there

For me it was OLTL's TeenJessica. I was straddling the fence for a while now but I just couldn't jump aboard with that nonsense

I haven't dropped yet but Im VERY tempted to drop Days bc of Daniel and Jennifer

Ugh, they were the worst!

• Members

The only one I would say is Paul Korver's version of Chris on ATWT. Overnight Chris became the "bad boy hunk" having sex with Molly during breaks in a meal at a restaurant with his parents (if I recall correctly) - yuck.

Usually when I've switched shows, it's been because of writing, moving around in my own life, or cancellation, not an actor or character. With ATWT in 1999, the Chris recast was a major contributing factor, though not the only one. I was also pissed with Eddie and Georgia being fired at the time and the general "style over substance, and not very impressive style either" feel of the show under Goutman/Laiman. (Goutman was bad news from the beginning for the show, I feel, not just near the end.)

• Members

Any incarnation of Todd Manning.

Okay, not stop watching but I really REALLY hate this character(s).

RyanLaveryGreenleeSmytheKendallHartZachSlater...they may as well be one big name since their endless circle jerk of a story helped lead to the cancellation of AMC.

• Members

GL---RPG's Gus. Yeah, there were lamer characters (Richard), smugger (Edward and Jonathan), but Gus was such a pompous, braggart ASSHAT wrapped in a know-it-all "hero" whose every fart was treated like the Gospel from on high it drove me insane.

B&B---the Hope/Liam/Steffi triangle broke me. B&B has never been an acting workshop, and these three aren't even the worst teen trio in the show's history. But the unrelenting focus on their every burp, giggle and crying jag is intolerable.

• Members

There is only one character, to my recollection, that made me stop watching a soap, and that was Brenda [!@#$%^&*] Barrett's 2010 return! How can one character make me stop watching my show, you ask? Because I knew what her presence was going to do to Carly's story, and I hit the delete button so fast! I was not going to watch that. I tuned back into the show when I saw that God like specimen, Sean Blakemore! I then watched some of the Brenda return on YT and I was right on the money.

YR due to Sharon and Adam - Just pure filth!

Shows I stopped watching because they were simply rotgut:

One Life To Life

The Slavery Hour fka All My Children

• Members

This backstabbing, cow-eyed heifer:

lindsay_hartley.jpg

always winning over Gwen - who had every reason in the world to hate her, especially since her trifling and entitled ass didn't deserve a damn thing in the first place - is what made me quit Passions for good. Watching her succeed at a life that she didn't even earn hurt my soul.

• Members

Neither do I. Maybe I'm just biased though since for once we're supposed to like someone who's

A - a hospital worker

B - not making a living by killing people

C - not spending every breathing moment propping those who do

But I do admit the story so far's been really goofy. I see the potential in Sabrina though.

Archived