GH: Discussion for the Month of February

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree that B&B/Y&R & AMC/OLTL are sister shows (moreso for the Bell shows), but I also view PC and GH more as the same show. They took such major characters from the GH legacy and both shows are set in the same city. I just can't help but view it as the same. Kinda like Footballers Wives and it's spin-off Footballers Wives: Extra Time, which has the same setting, but involves the secondary characters from the main show.

• Members

I watched both GH and PC.

When I hear Tainted Love play on the oldies station, I still smile fondly remembering ME's sexy Caleb and PC vamp story.

But, that doesn't mean I ever wanted the vamps to cross over to GH.

Actually I much prefered GH's Lucy and Kevin romance and stories to PC's Lucy the vampire slayer and Livvie's dad Kevin. I wanted to watch their GH personas reunite on GH. Lucy, not newbie Sabrina, should be shown regularly in charge of producing the NB.

A PC reunion is all well and good, but focusing it all on the vamps stuff just doesn't work for me. Especially when it's written in RC's so every mocking style.

• Members

Irna saw AW/ATWT as more related to each other in theme than to GL with Another World being another As the World Turns. Of course, since Mike Bauer from GL crossed over to AW, this was odd.

I saw OLTL and AMC more as sibling soaps than the P&G ones because of the ABC cross promotion. B&B and Y&R were even closer as for many more years they had the same team.

Getting back to GH, I never saw it having anything other than spinoffs.

Archived