GH: Discussion for the Month of February

• Members

We are going around and around. I'm not watching the show. Opinions are informed by many avenues. Gifs posted all over the place. Interviews. Prior impressions of Cartini and the performers, and Port Charles, etc. Sorry if that doesn't qualify for comment in your estimation. #notmyproblem.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But you do understand the mindset. You've exhibited it when it comes to Kristen Alderson's handsome visage. Cheap even pondered why that topic is talked about over and over again. You're very vocal about zoo animals whenever the topic reemerges. Nothing new. We know you think the woman is handsomely animalistic in her facial and follicle appearance. We know it now, just like we knew it before, just like we knew it before then. So, it's the same thing. If your opinion hasn't changed and the topic comes up, people are going to restate their opinions, negative or otherwise. It's just in this case, it's the topic of the show.

Now! For the whole "I'M NOT WATCHING! I'M NOT WATCHING! I'M NOT WATCHING... but somebody told me about these scenes which is how I know every detail" horsesh

Please register in order to view this content

it, I agree. If you're not watching, then it shouldn't be on your radar to talk about. Similar to the Prospect Park situation. If you've written it off as a flop, why are you continuously looking for more information just to ruin the experience for others who enjoy it. I get you on that. But I'm inclined to side with Marceline. When the topic comes up, both opinions will run the risk of being restated over and over and over again. If someone comes in here saying "OMG! THE SHOW WAS GREAT TODAY! TODD WAS HILARIOUS WHEN HE DID XYZ!" someone has every liberty to say "OMG! THE SHOW SUCKED TODAY! TODD WAS SO OBNOXIOUS WHEN HE DID XYZ!"

• Members
maybe bc that's relevant to what's currently being written on GH? PC's history is very much a part of GH's present and what is occurring onscreen. Of course people are going to discuss it. It's not like people were talking much about PC in relation to GH 2 months ago

• Members

That's how I even knew this Vampire story even happened. The gifs! I came in here I think a day or two after Lucy stabbed John with the stake and saw the gifs. I was like, "What the hell is...?" And then someone posted another gif of Sam jumping on Todd at the hospital. I was like, "Oh, ok... this must be a comedic stand alone episode. Like a campy joke/nod/tribute to Port Charles since Lucy's back." I figured I'd skip it and keep it moving. I had no idea it was seriously being incorporated into the actual show's canvas. When I started reading the posts and how everyone dominated the thread with Port Charles history lessons and rings and angels and slayers and... I was over it. I knew it wasn't something I wanted to watch because I chose NOT to watch Port Charles when it went the Vampire route 10-11 years ago. But my point is, we all aren't living in a vacuum. If people post comments, updates and gifs of the Vampire story in the thread, people, who aren't watching the story, are free to comment on those as well.

It reminds me of those comments on certain blogs where readers bitch and moan and then say "I'm done talking about this so you might as well not even reply to me because I won't answer." It's like nooooo... grow up. You don't get to do that. You don't get to post things in an open discussion forum and then tell people they can't respond unfavorably to your post because you don't want to deal with the repercussions.

• Members

You make a great point re:KA and I do admit that sometimes I am guilty of it. I guess, for me it just boils down to why the !@#$%^&*] would you waste time watching a show you don't like, let alone logging into a message board to repeatedly bash it? Again, I know I've been guilty of it, but for some it seems they ONLY post about how much they hate shows (not just GH), and I guess I just don't get the point of expending that energy if you're truly not gaining any enjoyment whatsoever from the medium. Ya dig?

• Members

First off, it's nice to meet you all :D I'm Nate, from Daytime Royalty and I know a lot of you from there. Nice to be here :) Love that there is a lot more GH discussion!

I am really liking GH. The crossover from PC is very entertaining. But, RC really pisses me off about some things. For once, the SL are way to unorganized. He just drops SLs (Robert/Anna/Duke/Faison/Robin SL, Frisco's return, Laura's return, etc..) and it really pisses me off. And then when people confront him about this on Twitter, he bashes them and wants all his followers to bash them too. He acts like some little girl. I also think the cast is too big. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love all these vets returning, but there is just not enough room! There needs to be casting cuts ASAP. And honestly, I wish Steve and Trey were still on. They were/are characters who I like and could have a SL. A character that could be cut, for example, is Johnny. Although I like the character, there is really no point for him to be on. I would be fine with Johnny going to jail and leaving. Or even on recurring.

I agree. I enjoy ME a lot more as Caleb. I would fine with John leaving the show and ME playing Caleb full time.

• Members

No. Just, no. The vampire stuff has absolutely nothing to do with General Hospital, or it's history. I'm not opposed to this story, but I am opposed to people saying it's a part of GH history. It's a part of PORT CHARLES' history. Yes, Port Charles originated from GH but that does not make every Port Charles event part of GH history. Hell, for the last 3 years, the two shows didn't even exist in the same universe, both literally and figuratively.

• Members
thats not exactly true. There weren't nearly as many crossovers but they did exist in the same universe. There was still the occasional GH to PC crossover and Scott referenced Karen's death over on GH. The vampire and supernatural stuff was a secret and didnt become open until the last 2 arcs but the current story on GH is finally shedding light onto why it went unnoticed

As for the vamp story not being a part of GH history, it may not be but it IS a part of Lucy's history and fair game as she is a GH original and it pertains to her. Her time away from GH shouldn't be ignored merely bc it didn't occur here. People were complaining when that was done with Anna and her AMC history. I didn't see many having too many issues when they were infusing Tracy's The City history into her storylines (and that was meant to be expanded with familial connections from that show coming on which never materialized)

Archived