ATWT: Oakdale Confidential

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, didn't they put out a book for the 45th anniversary? I mean, if the book is being released on April 4th, which is right around the time of the anniversary anyway (coincidence???? :rolleyes: ), couldn't they at least have done a book about the show's history, instead of some random piece of fiction that has nothing to do with the show at all thus far?? :rolleyes: I'm just concerned that the show is going to ignore its history during the anniversary....that's all!

• Members

Well lets face it. Most of the characters on currently with all soaps date back only to the 80s. And the ones who've been around longer had all their episodes taped over because they were too expensive to keep.

They did that Valentines episode back in 2002. I loved that ep.

• Members

Well, ATWT has always been different in that area, I think. Sure, several of the actors and actresses date back to the 80s, but many of the characters do as well, and there are some that have been around since the early 70s, just that they're now played by different people.

I still am amazed that characters like Dusty and Paul were around in the early 80s. And Barbara's been a part of the show since 1970. All three are major players on the show right now. Almost all of the characters on the show have some kind of tie back to at least the 70s.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

From the new TV Guide, Logan Report:

ATWT: Scandals and Catfights and Bears, Oh My!

CBS' As the World Turns will turn 50 on April 2, but expect any staid homages. "Rather than embalm ourselves we're going to have fun," says exec producer Chris Goutman. "We're taking the history of ATWT and turning it upside down and sideways." He means that literally...

On April 3, the soap will air what Goutman laughingly calls "The Poseidon Adventure on wheels." It's a flashback-packed episode that has Oakdale's seven grandes dames taking a trip to Chicago. On the way back, their bus goes off the road and later flips over. There's a killer bear and a gas explosion but that's nothing compared to the battles among the stranded divas. "Their past feuds and rivalries are going to resurface," Goutman says. "All the old wounds will be opened."

In the same episode Lucinda will announce that she's publishing Oakdale Confidential, a scandalous--and anonymous--novel written by someone in town. What it reveals about Mike Kasnoff's secret past will shake up the show for months. Viewers can also read Confidential. Pocket Books will have it in bookstores April 4.

Five decades of sex, love and unplanned pregnancies get a send-up March 31 when the soap's teen set tries to sort out the complex Oakdale family trees for a school assignment. Their solution: Think of the various clans as characters in classic sitcoms. That'll have the ATWT cast spoofing everything from I Dream of Jeannie and I Love Lucy to The Beverly Hillbillies and The Munsters.

• Members

What is it with you and WorldTurnsatGH? LOL!!! :P:lol:

Everytime the name "Mike" is mentioned, you act all......."I hate Mike. Kill the character. Yadda yadda."

:lol: What's so bad about Mike? I'm just in love with the character and I've tried seeing him how yall see him, but it's just not working. Mike is naturally a likeable character for me :D

Archived