ATWT: Oakdale Confidential

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow. I'm definitely taping both of the special episodes!

But now the mystery begins. Seven divas on a bus? Who can they be? My guesses...

Lisa (The original diva of Oakdale, besides Aunt Edie)

Lily (The modern diva of Oakdale)

Barbara (the !@#$%^&*]y diva of Oakdale)

Emily (the wacked out diva of Oakdale)

Carly (the violent diva of Oakdale)

And then my mind draws a blank. Hmm...Lisa Brown's attending the 50th anniversary fan luncheon, so maybe she'll do some appearances as Iva? And maybe there are some other guest spots in the works? Rosemary Prinz as Penny? PLEASE!? Or better yet, Patricia Bruder as Ellen. Now THAT would bring back some memories!

I'm thinking that the black-tie thing is not THE anniversary stuff. The March 31 and April 3 stuff will be what we're really waiting for.

• Members

"It sounds like that's just the book. At least I'm hoping."

I got the impression that the book was just a tie-in account of this on screen murder, not something to the effect of Lorelai's Diary on GL, where the book became the story itself.

• Members

A book about Maddie who has been on the show 6 months? :blink:

This whole anniversary should center on Nancy, Lisa and Bob along with Kim, Susan and a returned John.

The divas had better include Nancy, Kim, Lisa, Susan, Barbara and Lucinda. I would think Lily would be the 7th. No newbies!!!! I don't want to see clips from last week. I want to see classics celebrating the 50 years including the 20 that ATWT was #1 (which was a LONG time ago).

Irreverant episode doesn't sound good to me. ATWT perfected anniversaries with the 30th celebration. That was ATWT at it's finest.

• Members

Okay, I do not like this at all. Granted, I'll probably buy the book to support the show, but I'm definitely not going to read it. I like Maddie, but she's been on the show for less than a year. And I don't consider Katie or Carly to be veterans either, especially since there are characters like Kim, Lisa, Nancy, etc still around! :rolleyes: So what the hell does this book have to do with the 50 Anniversay??

Honestly, I pray to God that ATWT does something a lot better than this on the show for the anniversary; otherwise, I will be extremely disappointed. :rolleyes:

Also, I don't often judge books by their covers, but that one just screams "crappy mystery novel."

• Members

I really don't think that the 50th anniversary shows and the book have anything to do with one another. And plus, it's a book. Who friggin' cares?! Just watch the show and reminisce about what a great show ATWT is and what astounding progress it's made over the years, plus a few ups and downs along the way. The book may[/] tie into the show a little bit, but I'm sure they're not gonna make a whole storyline out of it.

They'll probably talk on-air about how some author that grew up in Oakdale and knows all of them has went on to publish many books and has now written one including some Oakdale citizens...or something.

I very highly doubt they totally say "Hey. This is a book. This book is what we're basing our whole 50th anniversary on."

That would be really cool. REALLY cool. Or maybe a totally re-vamped opening.....possibly with faded images of past ATWT stars/characters/storylines/copules/etc. inside the globe.

• Members

"Also, I don't often judge books by their covers, but that one just screams "crappy mystery novel."

Like COUGH COUGH The Killing Club COUGH COUGH

I really wonder what Julie Poll is doing these days. Perhaps she can update her book for this anniversary?

Archived