ATWT: Oakdale Confidential

• Members

Penny's history with the show runs deep as well as her brother Don. I can remember when holiday visits by Penny were pretty regular but we haven't had one in so long. So many of the newer fans don't even remember her.

I am just wondering if John will not be visiting sometime soon. I mean it is believed that Dusty is dead. If they have a funeral for him, it would almost be requred that John be there. He has no other family in town, and it seems a family member would have to make arrangements. But they may just wait.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm too young to remember Penny except for her return for Nancy's birthday party and Christmas at Joe's Diner in 2000.

I'm afraid ATWT will never bring Larry Bryggman back because John hasn't had any storyline or even any interaction with his family these past several years. Margo and John rarely were together and I don't even remember him interacting with McCouch's Dusty.

• Members

I think John and Dusty had some scenes together when Dusty returned. In my mind I can remember them together at the hospital.

I miss John but Bryggman burned his bridges with many when he took his ATWT experience out of his Broadway bio. He tried to explain it but even the soap opera press raked him over for it.

I remember him saying that he did it so that he could be better accepted in the Broadway community as acting on a soap and acting on Broadway are 2 different things. I know I was able to get over it later, but to me, and to many fans and even some of his colleagues it was like a slap in the face of the medium they love or loved.

Of course he was not happy when the show cut his time down on the show and then he was gone. Soap work was a steady job for him and a steady paycheck. He was a great actor and I am sure he is great in his plays too.

• Members

I thought it would be fun to list how many old wounds can be opened up:

Nancy and Lisa: Nancy dissaproved of Lisa's marraige to Bob.

Kim and Susan: Susan tried to keep Kim from her husband Dan. Susan slept with Bob while he was married to Kim. Kim disliked Susan's daughter Alison when she became engaged to son Chris.

Lucinda and Susan: Susan wouldn't leave John alone while he was married to Lucinda and La Walsh accidentally allowed Susan to fall off a ladder. This led to Susan's drug addiction.

Lucinda and Emma: Lucinda found Emma's son Holden unworthy of her daughter Lily and tried to split them up.

Lucinda and Lisa: Lucinda took over Whit McColl's business and Lisa interfered in Lucinda's family affairs. Wasn't a Lisa/John/Lucinda triangle teased in the late 90s?

Lisa and Kim: Lisa has carried a torch for Bob for a long time. Kim and Lisa are friends now, but I'm sure Lisa is jealous.

What other fueds are there between Nancy, Lisa, Kim, Susan, Barbara, Lucinda and Emma?

Archived