ATWT: Oakdale Confidential

• Members

The grande dames episodes sounds great except for the bear. WTF. Goutman put a gorilla on the AW finale and now a bear to battle Nancy? GMAB.

The teen one sounds stupid. Passions does these types of episodes all the time spoofing some TV show or movie. This isn't special enough to celebrate classy ATWT's 50th anniversary. I would think it was fun at another time. I want to see flashbacks, at least a mini-story about Nancy/Bob/Lisa and some returning faves. Seems like no one is returning for this.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well it says the 7 grand dames, those 5 surely have to be in there and I am sure Lucinda is there esp. since she is mentioned as making her reveal. Those are the 6 ladies with the longest tenures on the show. I am unsure who the 7th would be unless they are considering Emma a grand dame. Kathleen Widdoes would be next in tenure as far as ladies, followed by Martha Byrne and Ellen Dolan.

So not sure who the 7th would be.

I was really hoping Rosemary Prinz and Patricia Bruder would appear for the 50th. I was really hoping Penny woud visit her Mom and Ellen would visit family and friends.

I am really looking forward to both shows.

I don't really think the other show will be a teen show. It will be more about the clips and all and they will just the medium by which they are shown.

• Members

:blink: Not me. I don't really have a problem with Mike. Nick, on the other hand...

The reason I made the comment is because I didn't care for what has been spoiled about this "book story" and I hope it's just a book and doesn't turn out to be "real." I was commenting on the story in general, not Mike. LOL!

• Members

Y'know, after fifty years (of which I've watched nearly half), I wouldn't mind a "staid" clip-show myself. I'm sorry, but Nancy being chased by a bear (or WHATEVER) is just stupid. And I don't even have to guess who's doing the satire of "I Love Lucy". If it's not Carly and Jack, I'll eat my hat, and send in my membership dues to the "I Heart Matie Forever" Fan Club.

As for the story centering on Mike's secret past....If I'd have known that, I wouldn't have bothered to pre-order the book.

• Members

I think Mark Collier is one of the nicest actors I've met, but having said that, I don't want any of the 50th anniversary celebration to center around Mike Kasnoff. I enjoyed him better when played by Shawn Christian but I don't think he is all that important to the 50 years of ATWT. I would have loved a book about Nancy and Bob and Lisa that create new story for them. Mike's had enough new stories.

I would have rather they saved the comedy bit for some other time, and used the 50th celebration to bring back Penny and others. The 30th anniversary special was SO classy. Marland understood what ATWT is all about. Goutman is always trying to make ATWT seem hip and in doing so moves the show away from what it should be about all the time.

• Members

The shows look like they'll be a lot of fun. I can't wait.

The list of the seven dames is absolutely PERFECT! But a bear?!?! :blink: WTF! Then again, when I first heard that GH was going to use a monkey to spread a disease, I was a little thrown off too.

I'm still skeptical about the book though. I'm sure that it will be fun since they seem to be including Lucinda and Nancy. But I'm not sure if I'll like this whole mystery surrounding Mike.

Again, I think clip shows are the best. Add in the little music montages. It might be cliche, but it's the most effective way to showcase a show.

• Members

As far as returns go I'd like to see Ellen, John and Andy return - with the origional actors, of course. Penny wouldn't be bad, either.

Coronation Street has released backstories about their some of their veteran characters, I could see ATWT doing the same. I'd love to read a novel about a young Chris and Nancy or Lucinda's life as Mary Ellen Walters for example.

• Members

Did any of you ever read all those books that came out in the 80s that novelized old stories on several of the soaps? You can always get them for cheap on eBay these days. I loved reading those to get more insight into the characters past (from storylines before my time).

Archived