Girl Meets World - (Boy meets World spinoff)

Cheap21

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can someone explaine that scene in the bedroom between Shawn and Maya? He kept saying something like "I would never let a kid be raised the way i was." and then it was like she was telling him he was letting her be raised that way. I didn't get it. What was the whole point to that scene. This is disney so i'm sure it's something simple but i just didn't understand.

• Members
Ahhh. Makes sense. I can get that.

I swear I don't stop laughing with this show. I'm so so happy Boy Meets World rebooted as Girl Meets World. It's just so good. I'm rewatching some episodes and it's just really hit it's comedic stride. It gels so well and ugh I love it. LOL

THIS is how you reboot a beloved show.

• Members

The show made a goof! They had Riley run for 7th grade president BUT she graduated in the finale (which I thought was too soon). I didn't get that.

I liked the Anniversary and glad they did it bc Topanga has been wasted this series. I know its on Disney and for the kids but I wish they would feature the adults more. I think they need to give Corey and Shawn some people their age to interact with on a regular basis. The show can balance this between Riley and her stuff

Saw the holiday episode and was like WTF to seeing Corey having a younger brother just slightly older than Riley. Had no clue there was even another kid in the mix. Why was the mother so shady towards Topanga? I don't recall her ever having issues with her

I thought for sure Shawn would be Maya's father. They seemingly hinted at it but not really. I don't get why they kept trying to establish this connection between them if they aren't father/daughter. It really bothered me in the episode. What also bothered me was Corey. He came across so annoying how he was salivating over Shawn. I didn't think it was funny.

Really? You don't get why even the show was dropping anvils. They were teasing it without actually going there. I can see why one would easily think that

• Members

I've know people are seeing what they WANT to happen. Like someone said in this thread, people can be alike and not be related. Shawn is going to be like a father figure to her

Yes this show is very good. Cheap you didn't know Amy & Alan had a kid in 1999?

One thing that puzzled me about Friday's episode, they made it seem like Maya didn't know who Joshua was, but then Joshua said she grew up nicely. So did they meet before or not? LOL

• Members

Nope

Maya knew who he was. Josh made that comment about how its been a while (since they've seen each other) and she responded "sure has". I took that to mean that the last time they saw each other was pre-puberty. Both have changed and she is interested in him now. I think their dialogue with Riley was more to clue the audience in on the relationships which is why Riley explained it. It sure helped me

I could have sworn graduation was brought up in an episode and they had an end of the year ceremony where awards were given out to the students

• Members

LOL. No they weren't. It's just people making assumptions, or wanting that. It was always, to me, stritctly a comparison between the two. They're meant to be similar. Shawn would never abandon his kid, which they had him say in the Christmas episode. Maya is the "new Shawn". That's why they established a connection between them. Maya's mother isn't around much and they're meant to have a similar relationship like Chet and Shawn did, although I think Maya and her mother's is a bit better.

Amy always spoke out at times against Topanga and Cory. Not in a bad way but she had her opinions about them. And the gist of it was that Amy felt left out because Christmas was at Cory and Topanga's. They didn't beat us over the head with that but Topanga made Amy's butternut squash soup and they had that tender moment that explained this. Not trying to be smart but are we watching the same show? LOL

I actually think they do a good job balancing the adults and the kids. Did you watch the episode that had Topanga remember her hippy self? That was a great episode for her. I admit they could do more with her but it's not that bad. It's meant to be a show about Riley, like Boy Meets World was about Cory at that age. It just happens that we "know" Cory and Topanga. I think it will be a lot more balanced and I appreciate what we get because the show could have become very Disneyfied (which I was afraid of).

Um, and Joshua was born on the show. He was a baby and is the right age. He'd be about 17/18. Why were you surprised? However I admit when the show was first announced I *completely* forgot about him.

Cory and Shawn always had that kind of relationship.

• Members

+1

But I felt it came across that Maya knew who Josh was just not how much he had grown up, like him with her. I don't know. I do feel they sometimes "leave out" a few lines that could help explain things. The only thing that bothers me is that the episode flies by and it's too quick cut.

• Members

If they are right, Riley just turned 13 in december. Meaning she was born in 2001. But if she was born a month early, that means Topanga could have known and didn't tell anyone right when the show ended in May 2000 and she could have only been a month pregnant or less.

ALthough it's funny that Amy said in the final "Don't you dear get Topanga pregnant." and of course Eric said, "I won't." LOL But her saying that with Topanga probably secretly pregnant.

Archived