Girl Meets World - (Boy meets World spinoff)

Cheap21

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was never a fan off BMW, but I ended up seeing an episode of GMW yesterday because a friend's child had it on Disney Channel.

Is it me or is Sabrina Carpenter (Maya) the real star of this show? I think she's the better actress and often steals scenes from Maya Blanchard. Nothing wrong with Maya, but something about Carpenter and her character that is much more interesting to watch.

• Members

I disagree, you could argue that she is the more "fun one", similar to the Shawn/Cory situations in the later seasons -- once Cory became the odd neurotic character he is now. But I actually think Maya (and their collective friendship) is the heart of the show. She's the epicenter of which the show thrives off of. She has all the vital roles on the show, one of daughter, student, crush, girl with a heart of gold, etc. going on. Sabrina's character is mostly the friend, with a side of rebel, but mostly used as comedic relief. She's fairly one dimensional. She gets most of her value being contrasted to Maya's character.

That being said, these girls are adorable, I didn't know how they were going to go up against the mammoth that was BMW with this spin off, but I think they've mostly done a good job with making the show unique and making it interesting and fun on it's own right. It's very Nu Disney-esque though and you can tell. This feels like something that would air right along side Good Luck Charlie, Liv & Maddie and Austin & Ally. It fits right in, it doesn't really feel like BMW in that way.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived