Girl Meets World - (Boy meets World spinoff)

Cheap21

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, thank you for posting dragonflies!

Some of the writing team being the same gives me hope too. I still can't help but wish this was on ABC and not Disney Channel. BMW by its nature was OTT many times, but DC shows have a whole other level of OTT hammyness to them which worries me a bit.

• Members

I like that Michael Jacobs said he doesn't want to do too much too fast. If he did then people would have less to look forward to. I like that he's really making an effort to develop Cory, Topanga, and the new characters while still keeping Cory and Topanga true to their characterizations before.

SO excited to see Rider Strong, Betsy Randle, and most of all William Russ in that special episode later this year!!

• Members

Just watched the first episode! Riley's friend Maya is such a bad influence. Just like Shawn to Cory :)

I think the young actresses are trying to hard and Riley's actress talks way too fast at times but I'm giving them time. The acting is always rough with ANYONE in the first episode. The show itself feels too campy and hammy. More of a Disney channel rather than a continuation of Boy Meets World. And I have no use for the opening. Not one bit! But my little girl will LOVE this when she gets older! I did love that Cory has his own daughter in his class!! Ha!!

Farkle is soooo the new Minkus.

Cory is reminding me a lot of Mr. Feeny AND his dad Papa Matthews!

• Members

I have been trying to stay spoiler free as much as possible to judge the show on its own merits, but I do have a question.

Is Will Friedle appearing, have they said? I really, really loved Eric and Will was my favorite actor on the original show. TIA!

• Members

'Girl Meets World': 5 Things You Need to Know About Cory and Topanga's New Family!

http://www.etonline.com/tv/147876_girl_meets_world_5_things_you_need_to_know_about_cory_and_topangas_new_family/index.html

World, meet girl!

After months of impatiently waiting, Boy Meets World fans are finally getting the chance to reunite with their favorite '90s couple: Cory and Topanga. 14 years later, Danielle Fishel and Ben Savage are back on the small screen, and now it's time for brand new generation to fall in love with the Matthews family with the series premiere of Girl Meets World.

We've already seen tonight's adorably awesome episode, (subtle brag intended!) and we're ready to spill five things that you absolutely need to know about the new Disney Channel series. Take a look at our video above for the inside scoop on Cory and Topanga's parenting skills, the return of Shawn Hunter's perfect hair and more!

Boy (and Girl) Meets World creator Michael Jacobs exclusively spilled to ETonline that he's thrilled for audiences to finally get a chance to see the series. "I think the new audience coming in is going to love this and love these girls." The showrunner said. "They’re just very real and very interesting."

But for those of you who think Girl Meets World is just a silly kids show—think again. "We’re not writing down to an audience, we’re always writing up," Jacobs explained. "We wrote up with Boy and we’re doing that with again with this."

However, Jacobs cautions that he does not want Boy Meets World fans to compare 157 episodes-worth of a series to this first half-hour introduction

"It’s not about 19-year-olds anymore, it’s about 12 year olds," the executive producer stresses. "The point is, Cory was just 11 years on Boy Meets World when the pilot started. We have to get you to fall in love with these girls, like you fell in love with Cory and Shawn and Topanga and then [the affection] will grow."

Not to worry, BMW fans, Jacobs promises that the new series "evolves very quickly" and if you hang in there for the first five episodes, you'll be "deeply and ritually rewarded."

Plus, did we mention that Rider Strong will be back to reprise his fan-favorite role as Shawn Hunter? Jacobs exclusively told ET that audiences will definitely get a love update from Cory's best friend. "We’ll see him in another episode later this season that actually sort resolves what happened between Shawn and Angela," he said.

Finally, we're getting some answers!

Don’t miss the series premiere of Girl Meets World tonight at 9:45 p.m. on Disney Channel.

• Members

I liked the second episode a lot more. Did BMW have a laugh track? That thing is so annoying, I just refuse to believe that that's a real live studio audience.

I just love Maya & Farkle. I loved Topanga's & Auggie's scenes as well as the final one. It was done well IMO.

• Members

I get that they have tapings with an audience but it doesn't negate that they can probably still put in a track where they think people should laugh or find a certain joke as "funny". There's nothing natural about the laughter and only parts of it were funny.

Ben's hair really distracts me. I hope they add episode 3 soon.

Archived