GH: November 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members
agreed. Also with Lila, JA had only been on the show a short time and there wasn't much to pull from for him. Can't even recall if they interacted. JI was Ed for nearly 20 years and there's plenty to pull from to showcase him with the various important people in his life

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I assumed it was a tribute to both the character and the actor. Since it is the character passing as well and he not the only actor to play Edward like Anna Lee to Lila, I wouldn't find it offensive to give tribute to both late actors DL and JI (I don't think JA is necessary for this tribute, as they could pull other clips from Lila's death and make it complete). I think it would be nice to give DL a tribute as well, although I assume it would be mostly JI clips and I am fine with that, but there are Edward clips that involve DL that a very important to Edward's story that should be included.

Although if it is a tribute to JI solely then I guess it would be in bad taste to show clips of other actors. However, I think GH could and should make it a tribute to the wonderful actor and the wonderful character. I think it would also be beneficial to newer viewers to see the impact Edward has had on the canvas over the years.

• Members

I think some moments with David Lewis would be respectful, although I don't think it will happen. There's more chance with "Cartini" than with Guza/JFP, as they paid tribute to Clint Ritchie when he passed away, even though Clint had been recast 4-5 years before Ritchie's passing. But since Ingle is the Edward many current viewers may remember most, I think that's who we will see.

Nothing against Jed Allan, who was very good on DAYS and SB, but I would rather forget he ever played Edward.

• Members

I have to agree that Guza and JFP knew how to do a montage and they did great funerals. They were very short-sighted in many aspects (especially in who they killed off), but they knew how to create a good sweeps story. That was the least of their problems.......

• Members

Yesterday had an awful piece of dialogue from Tracy that bugged me.

When she told Monica that Jason, the mobster, was a saint in comparison to AJ's screw-ups. I'm sorry, as much as Tracy doesn't think highly of AJ, she would NEVER say that. I wasn't surprised it came from one of Elizabeth Page's shiteous scripts. I hate the dialogue in general under Carlivati.

• Members

co-sign, its like they don't know what the heck the history of the characters are... yes they get a few things right but mostly I go HUH? and this was definitely one of those times.

heavy handed on setting up their agenda by training new viewers who don't know the history of the show to their way of thinking whichmost of the time is not accurate. It really is a pain when they do this orchestrating A..aand the sympathy card is dealt to....?

Archived