GH: November 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What really bothers me about that is... I mean, in a way I hope that a soap writer DOES trust his instincts and if he's pushing a couple DOES think they work. Whether I think they do is relatively irrelevent--soap viewers have to be kept in mind on one level, but sometimes a writer should be allowed just to show where he's going with it, and not give into outside pressure. But they SHOULD still listen to viewer reaction--and please, Ron has to just get off Twitter. What bugs me the most is his snarky, playground, defensive reactions to any bit of criticism.

• Members

Exactly--that was a gimmick (one I hate to admit, I found funny), an in-joke. But this is completely different. It's true that USUALLY in the past when a beloved older actor dies and so they have a funeral, there hasn't been a significant actor who played the role otherwise, but, yeah, I don't think it's happened before, and frankly I think it's crazy to expect or even want it to happen now... If that GREAT Tracy scene had someone else playing Tracy as well, would it even make sense? Would it even now? Doing some audio makes sense--and I agree with others that in the era of youtube, it's kinda even more pointless.

I dunno. If, say, Janet in her crazy original and final form on AMC had died--they wouldn't include a ton of Robin Mattson clips (as is, they probably wish they could have shown some clips of Robin's Janet with Amanda when Amanda was having a hard time with her mom being insane again--child actors in flashbacks are a different thing than recasts--and they didn't).

• Members

Is JJ now dressing and styling like Dante?

I think I'm the only person here who actually doesn't mind Michael/Starr. I don't think anyone at TWOP likes them either. I can't imagine they're getting great feedback. Even if everyone elsewhere or offline loves them there's no need to speak to a fan that way.

• Members

Emma on Britt: "I don't like her." laugh.png

She and Sabrina sleeping on the couch was cute wub.png .

What is it with all these people acting like Duke hasn't been presumed dead for 22/23 years? WTF?

I actually sort of liked Todd & Carly, but seeing them kiss made my T&B loving heart twist inside a little bit. sad.png

...Well, okay, the kissing part made me ill, but their banter is good. I'm kind of in the middle here, people.

LOVED the picture of Lucy! smile.png

ETA: I've missed posting here! It's been too long!

• Members

I hated Felicia's reaction to seeing Duke ! Come on, he's not back from a trip !!!! But overall, the episode was great. I love seeing so much Monica lately. I don't mind Starr and Michael neither and I'm really warming to Todd & Carly.

BTW, the name on AJ's passeport, Crane Tolliver, wasn't he Lila's first husband? He murdered Susan Moore right?

Archived