Favorite argument scenes on soaps

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH: Joseph C. Phillips' Justus going toe-to-toe with Jane Elliot's Tracy. It gets pretty heated and racially charged. I thought early Justus was such a powerful character, and it's a shame how Guza destroyed him. (He had the double whammy of being black AND a Quartermaine.)

Another World: one of the best ones I've seen over the years: Felicia and Lorna in the park. Dano and Coppola had such riveting chemistry.

• Members

ATWT was great for verbal confrontations! Lucinda was great for those exchanges. Here one she had with Lisa. It was brief (just less than 1 minute) but it was rich with those vicious venomous undercurrents that often happened whenever these two traded verbal blows (think Joan Crawford and Bette Davis meets Daytime Drama). Scene from 36:00-36:52:

Actually the entire scene is worth watching since Lucinda was particularly cantankerous that night and it is one of the most hilarious, uproarious episodes I remember on ATWT! How I miss those days!

There was a great argument scene between Craig and Lucinda over Sierra, where Craig is in a hospital bed and Lucinda accuses him of being like a dog in the manger where Sierra and Tonio and Sierra's marriage is concerned. I can't seem to find a clip on You Tube (strange because I saw it on You Tube sometime last year, if memory serves me correctly). It is ripe with Lucinda seething while telling Craig that Sierra can't have have 'relations' with her husband because Craig is practically in the bed wedged between them. The snarls and pointed remarks become so heated that, at one point the confrontation becomes physical. If I can find the clip on You Tube, I'll post it but it appears to be missinghuh.png

• Members

The breakup argument between Jack and Carly that won Maura West her first Lead Actress Emmy is probably the best-acted argument I've ever seen. As for "fun" arguments, the fights between Hillary Smith's Margo and CZP's Barbara were great.

• Members

Adding some DAYS to the thread...

Laura exposes Kate's affair with Bill:

One of the more memorable Marlena and Kristen spats

Also, two Victor clips.

Victor vs. Sami

One of my personal favorites, Victor vs. Larry Welch

Archived