• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ABC Press Release

http://abcmedianet.com/Web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=101212_07

Friday, October 12, 2012

ABC Television Network

PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -

ABC IS DAYTIME’S NO. 1 NETWORK FOR 5TH STRAIGHT WEEK IN W18-34; “THE VIEW” IS NO. 1 PROGRAM IN DEMO

Print This Document

note: To use this function, upgrade your browser: Quick Download

October 12, 2012

Fringe Ratings Report: Daytime Programming -- Week of October 1, 2012

ABC Stands as Daytime's #1 Network in Women 18-34

for 5th Consecutive Week; Also #1 in Women 18-49

"The View" and "General Hospital" Are the Week's Top 2 Daytime

Programs in Women 18-34, and Place #2 in Women 18-49

"The View" is the #1 Daytime Program in Women 18-34 for the 3rd Straight Week, Soaring to 19-Week High in the Demo and 13-Week High in Women 18-49

"General Hospital" Spikes to Year-and-a-Half High in Total Viewers, 13-Month High in Women 18-34 and 18-Week High in Women 18-49 and Women 25-54

"The Chew" Posts Near 5-Month High in Total Viewers; Spikes +27% Year to Year

Daytime Programming Highlights

* ABC ranked as Daytime's #1 network for the 5th week in a row in Women 18-34 (0.6 rating/197,000) and was also the #1 network in Women 18-49 (0.9 rating/566,000 - tie).

* In Women 18-34, "The View" (0.7 rating/232,000) and "General Hospital" (0.7 rating/231,000) tied as the Top 2 programs in Daytime. Impressively, this marked "The View's" 3rd consecutive week standing as the #1 program in Daytime in Women 18-34 and its most-watched week in nearly 5 months in the demo - since week of 5/21/12.

* In its third week at 2 o'clock, "General Hospital" tied "The View" as the #1 program in Daytime in Women 18-34 (0.7 rating/231,000), and, notably, recorded its most-watched week in a one-and-a-half years in Total Viewers (2.71 million), in more than a year in Women 18-34 (231,000) and in more than 4 months in Women 18-49 (663,000) and Women 25-54 (844,000), since weeks of 3/28/11, 8/15/11 and 5/28/12, respectively.

* "The Chew" delivered its most-watched week in nearly 5 months in Total Viewers (2.25 million - since week of 4/23/12), spiking by a hefty 27% over year-ago levels (vs. 1.78 million).

Source: NTI, Week of 10/1/12, Live + Same Day; "Price is Right" is average from 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. All ranks/ties based on rating unless otherwise noted.

ABC Media Relations:

Catherine Lord (818) 460-6628 [email protected]

• Members

So I guess for his many flaws, Sonny brought the ratings back up (wasn't this the week of Comedy Connie's latest embarrassment, which some said was probably MB's better acting display in recent years). That hasn't been the case for some of the rejects like McBain.

• Administrator

Hmm...I didn't even notice that.........It looks like this error was made weeks ago. Both the week of Sept 10-14 and Sept 17-21 both used the week of Sept 12-16,2011 as the year-to-year comparisons. I'll look into it a bit more but it looks like I'll have to redo the year-the-year comparisons for these past couple of weeks. sad.png Thanks for the heads up!

• Members

The wedding stuff was good tv. Those scenes were fun and the drama was good. I thought it was enough to be thoroughly entertained for those few episodes. It felt like a sweeps week and that momentum has continued into the current week. Im thinking it'll be met with similar results

same here bc it has been

• Administrator

It's a week off, for now, because the season started a week later this year. Last year it started on Monday, Sept 19, and this year it started on Monday, Sept 24. The networks place significance on comparing week 1, week 2, week 3, etc of a season at the beginning, but later on in the season, the networks will start to compare the correct week. I don't know when that week will be. That was the explanation I was given was. So I will not go back to compare "the correct week". LOL

• Members

Go frank and Ron there vision is totally restoring gh to its former glory. GH seems to be doing much better in an earlier times lot plus the chew is a good lead in for general hospital. I know they are not chew fans but that's some decent solid viewership for a show that's inexpensive. The chew and gh are proving to be a great combo and I am glad gh is being promoted on the show. Shouldn't abc keep this combo going for years to come?

Archived