GH: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

You're right - Monica was never partial to AJ. She always adored Jason. People used to say, "She didn't like him as a baby," but that lasted for less than a year. So much of the history references seem like someone taking a quick look at Wikipedia and adding the rest themselves.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel like out of EVERYONE, Skye should have known. Even in the end she was on his side, and was the only Quartermaine that gave a worthwhile sendoff at his "funeral".

While I'm glad Monica was in on it, it just seems soo farfetched that she did it all on her own.

And like the poster above, Billy Warlock is the only AJ for me. I feel like he played him in the most pivotal and memorable years. And I know people always hark on how they made his AJ weak...well, let's be honest for a second, we all know good and well it would have been no different if SK was in the role as well. I mean, who wasn't getting thrown under the Carly/Jason/Sonny train during that time!?!?

And SK just looks like a more bloated and worse acting version of Steve Burton...just when we think we are safe. Here comes Jason 2.0.

• Members

I think Warlock is just kind of a weak and neurotic type of actor in all of his roles. He always looks like he's going to get kicked. Or he just did a lot of smirking. The only time I've seen more is when I looked at old Capitol clips (his first soap role, as a street punk with a heart of gold). I don't think AJ would have had any better writing without Warlock there but I do think his lack of chemistry with Sarah Brown and some of his acting choices sort of made things worse.

I think Kanan has far more presence and strength than Burton has in years. I don't really care about the heaviness - I think that was the least of Burton's problems. But I don't know if Kanan's work matters at this point. I think AJ is mostly around to prop Sonny, Michael, and Carly.

• Members

Of course it was. But do you think those bozos, Frankie V. and Ronnie C., ever care about things like logic and motivation? All that matters to them (and, in turn, what they think should matter to the fans at home) is that A.J. QUARTERMAINE IS ALIVE!!! and to hell with the rest.

Meanwhile, Gerald Hopkins was, is and always will be my A.J. Accept no substitutes.

• Members

I liked both SK and BW as AJ, thought BW's AJ and RC's Skye were great bro and sis, and I thought both men had great chemistry with SA as Keesha. Hmm, maybe they will bring Keesha back with AJ and hers love child LOL!

• Members

Someone please explain to me what she's offering? It's not in the looks or talent department. And I'm sure a love triangle between her Michael and Trey will be coming up soon. Which I'm sure will be full of alot of "Starr is the most beautiful, talented young artist ever," while Kristina complains that she'll never measure up to Starr's beauty and grace.

Archived