GH: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

I thought Ross sucked also but found ML to be more believable in the role. I thought it was laughable seeing short BW go head to head with TSJ and it was hard to buy that this was the same guy that Blair was linked to just a few weeks earlier

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It makes more sense to poll than to state the bold-faced lie that 'people' (as opposed to the few that truly exist) are for this shitstain of a 'pairing' that Ron is threatening to unleash on an unsuspecting viewership. But, hey, I'm one that relies on facts, as opposed to wishful thinking, to come to conclusions.

As for an emotionally-crippled deviant? Well, that's what Todd is and always has been throughout his 20-year existence in soap world, so to do a complete 180 would not be true to his character - as any true Todd Manning fan will attest to. The only woman that has understood that has been Blair Cramer, which is why they are one another's true loves/soulmates.

Sounds like KdP understands the true value of the all-encompassing love that is my Todd & Blair. She's not willing to play out the fuckery that Ron has been threatening and actually respects her legions of soap fans who've adored her career-defining character for almost 20 years (and by 20 years, I'm referring to her version of Blair, as it wouldn't be fair to give credit to her for Mia Korf's work), so as far as I'm concerned, she gets two thumbs up from me.

Moving along...

My AJ is finally home after a 15-year absence, which is sweet justice for this former viewer who had to watch a pussified version of AJ (that'd be BW) constantly be punked by Sonny, his Slagbeast, and his backstabbing bitch of a brother, the roided goiter. Just when I start to taste the bile from Todd being potentially trashed for Bobbie Spencer's trick baby, Ron pulls me back in by giving me a gift that I've been wishing for since I was a girl in high school

And yes, TheReal AJ Quartermaine* is just as dreamy as I remember him to be.

mqdefault.jpg

wub.pngwub.pngwub.pngwub.pngwub.pngwub.pngwub.pngwub.png

*For the record, I vaguely remember the AJ that preceded Sean Kanan's, so I don't think that it'd be fair to compare him to the two that I did know.

• Members

I honestly don't think anyone can play the cliched Carlivati psycho role well - I have never seen anyone pull this off (Robin Mattson and Susan Haskell might have come closest). But Kanan is good at playing an edge. The first few years of Deacon worked for that reason.

• Members

Her koookie ditzy Betty Boop persona just drives me nuts and its played out I'm not in that demos but I'm just tired of it and getting to the point I just can't stand her on the screen.

I too am curious as how they will write AJ and how Sean's version will come across; will he come up against Sonny (and Jason posthumously) who took his kid away from him and lose again or will there be something new; I liked him as Deacon but he was written vastly different on B&B than Y&R for me where he was written as a loser coming up against the great Victor Newman which I knew he wouldn't win going into the storyline..

• Members

Its the authors' first novel and I can't believe the hoopla over this honestly not only was it not that big of deal (I read street fiction) from authors like Carl Webber, Zane, Allison Hobbs, Wahida Clark novels their serious erotica would put this to shame...MuchAdo about nothing its just a lukewarm rendition of The story of O, Emmanuel, Nine in half weeks. I'm not knocking the author about getting paid just saying..I don't think I need to read the other 2 in the triology. I get that Anastasia (is a young 21) who wanted s gorgeous uber wealthy Christian until she saw "how bad it could be" but a lot of times I just wanted to slap the ...bleep...out of her.

• Members

SK is the only A.J. I've ever really known, I didn't watch much of BW and when I did catch him, I had a hard time adjusting to the fact that he was A.J. SK's A.J. would have fit right in with OLTL's Todd, Powell, and Zack back in the day, which is the kind of background which makes him prime RC material. SK was great at playing a rich, entitled, spoiled little alcoholic sh!t. I'll never forget how he freaked when Stone's sweat dripped on him, it was so in-character, or how he screamed on Alan for chiding him for drinking when it was only water ("It's WATER dad, it's WATER!!").

• Members

I dont see what the problem is here. Why bc its Steve Burton? This was a good project to raise money for a great cause (children with cancer). God bless Steve for getting involved and doing his part to help promote the product for the foundation

Archived