GH: August 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was really unfortunate.

That "adjust your recording devices" line reminds me of something The Good Wife started doing after it moved to Sundays. People were always missing the show because it kept getting pushed back due to football. CBS started sending tweets and emails telling people when the show was going to start and reminding them to adjust their DVRs because it was screwing with the ratings.

It'll be interesting to see the GH ratings for the first week or two as people (read: off liners) adjust.

• Members

Don't get me wrong: JE is probably very lovely IRL. However, her demeanor always comes across to me as belonging to someone who never suffers fools (or foolishness) gladly -- and that's why I love her as an actress, no matter what role she is playing at the moment. I just cannot stand actors who come across as unintelligent or weak. They make my teeth itch.

• Members

The Dead Man's Hand? Really? That was such an awful story and not one that needed to be revisted.

Man the stuff being done with w Ewen is downright awful. I guess its a good thing he's not really a major character or else Id care more

Jax didnt remember who Keenan was even though he was his father's doctor?

• Members

When I was in 7th-12th grade, GH and GL were popular thanks to their 3pm timeslot. I'm sure teen viewership, like all viewership, is down since the '90s anyway, but I still think this will be a palpable hit.

LOL! Who was the black girl who tried to do an English accent, "...Amehrica's next Tawp Muddle!"

• Members

Los Angeles. Once upon a time there was Days and ATWT at 1 p.m. and GH and GL at 2 p.m. and then there was only one on at each hour. Now there will be two on at 1 p.m. and soaps will be on in Los Angeles from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. CBS soaps will continue to have no competition (they used to be up against AMC fro 12-1 p.m. but that didn't seem to matter)>

Actually I'm only saying Los Angeles but that means all of California, Washington, Oregon, Nevada and I believe parts of Idaho. It might even include Arizona which is in the MST but doesn't observe DST so for part of the year we're on the same clock.

Archived