Saved By The Bell's Dennis Haskins to Appear on The Young and The Restless

• Members

The Young and the Restless continues its former sitcom star casting spree. Dennis Haskins, best known for his role as principal Richard Belding on NBC's hit sitcom Saved By The Bell, has landed a guest spot on the sudser as a priest. What will the gang at Bayside high say about this? Look for Haskins' debut on July 13.

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You all crack me up. I totally get the feeling from MAB's perspective. It seems like Y&R is obsessed with casting D-list former "stars" from the past (the Malcolm recast was the worst for me). From Mr. Haskins perspective though, he's just an actor probably desperate for a job so I'm happy he gets to earn some $$. The weird thing is, a lot of these people don't look like they did when they were "famous" so not everyone would even recognize them. On Y&R, isn't Todd a priest? Was Corbin Bernsen busy?

I was thinking the other day how soaps used to cast these young, hot stars some of which would go on to be big film stars. Now it seems like a battle of which stars to cast from canceled soaps, actors over 50, or people who used to be known in primetime or reality or (in this case) Saturday morning TV. Is the next Julianne Moore or Kathleen Turner on a soap now? Or even the next Ray Liotta or Meg Ryan? Wasn't it Betty Rea who was known for casting all this amazing young (and older) talent on soaps?

I guess in the grand scheme of things having Cindy Brady or Mr. Belding guest star in an episode or two is the least of Y&R's problems.

Archived