DAYS: June Discussion Thread

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was not surprised at all to see that Carolyn Culliton wrote the episode. The history nods were a clear giveaway that it was one of the Culliton's writing. Lacey Dyer is also really good with the history nods. I squeeled when I saw the infamous red dress. I also loved the Sami & Lexie flashback. I always did enjoy the Lexie & Sami rivalry.

• Members

I thought the selection Marlena read was just great, and it was nice they actually tried to find a suitable choice, instead of just something easy. This was one of the first times I really saw Marlena as a matriarchal figure for the show as a whole.

Kristian Alfonso has such an odd acting style, as she's so brittle, but generally I think it works.

• Members

I'm too young to remember him at all, but ever since I read that he and Carrie were childhood friends, I always thought they should have been paired together as an end game couple, but have him still do enough damage to Abe and Lexie's marriage for them to have divorced. Faye and Brandon's arrival would have played effortlessly into the group as well.

• Members

I really appreciated the script, the Culliton's are gold for DAYS and I hope the show realises that. The Sami & Lexie flashback was great, though had they added the scene where Lexie burst into Sami's apartment shouting "SAMI! Where are you BITCH?!" I would have been on cloud nine.

It was a wonderful episode and one I am so glad was in capable hands. Renee Jones deserved it.

• Members

I liked that they didnt sugar coat Lexie in her death. I did NOT expect to see her villianous ways brought up but liked that Abe mentioned her stealing Hope and Bo's son. Loved them acknowledging that Lexie wasnt always sweet and was a bitch herself through Sami remembering her. They really did a good job at covering all aspects of Lexie's life, both good and bad and Im glad for it

• Members

Today's DOOL was the best episode I've ever seen.

One of the best funerals I've seen in a while too. Lexie was the only character I loved when I watched every now and then. So sad she's gone. Her and Abe had something special too. Him talking about her today. And, the flashbacks. Weepworthy. :(

• Members

I don't think Stefano is dead, but even if he's not, the biggest regret was the lack of time spent in building the family up (instead they pushed Chad out of the DiMera orbit and then suddenly bring him back after the fact). When I watched in the 90's I always kind of felt like there were so many compartments in Stefano's life, instead of one group (one part Kristen/Peter, one part Lexie, etc.) This was their best chance to bring everything together. With Lexie gone, that will be much more difficult.

• Members

RJ literally did not age AT ALL for 20 years. These flashbacks are killing me. I honestly came into this episode ready to hate it but it's great outside McHairy Chest continuing the ruination of my old favorite, Nicole...

I know KA has her naysayers but I honestly think she handles the serious drama/grief amazingly well. I ALWAYS feel Hope's sense of loss every time she's met with tragedy.

I don't know if I started crying because of the loss of the character or Renee Jones no longer being on my screen.

• Administrator

Fantastic episode, aside from Nicole/Daniel of course. Loved Marlena telling Abe that he was not only just their friend but he was also their family. Once again, DAYS showed that whenever they get everyone together, they pull off an amazing episode.

I had a huge smile when I saw this flashback. So glad they included it in the montage.

Agreed. She does emotional scenes very well.

• Members

I think KA is very good at playing a clipped, ragged type of grief - Hope has lost a lot over the years, and she can't do the teary breakdowns of many soap heroines her age who still behave like ingenues. I don't know whether that's intentional or just because KA has become so hard, but I think it really works in moments like the toast.

Archived