B&B: TV Guide Interview with Joanna Johnson (Karen; ex-Caroline)

• Members

If Joanna is only making a few appearances I'm not sure it's written for her. I think Brad Bell may have wanted to do a story about Bill turning a woman, and he just decided to have it be his sister's girlfriend for some drama.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She lives in a glass closet. She doesnt hide it, she doesnt flaunt it. She keeps her personal life personal, so I dopnt see her coming out and I see no need for her to.

I am. And i hope this is reaction and they dont redeem him over it or have him accept it and become PC. I hate that soaps dont ever let people have these reactions.

• Members

I don't think you have to worry about that. Ridge sexually assaulted two women and the show never cared. The main problem is that Bill basically has every ugly reaction on the show. It would be much more interesting if someone else felt this way. I think this is being done solely so we will be ready for when he gets into her pants.

• Members

Yeah Bill is VERY predictable at this point. Considering how Ridge felt about Caroline and the new Caroline, it would be more interesting if he felt that way instead. Bill is a jerk and a-hole to everyone and he is almost always right, even if it doesnt seem that way at first. Watch him reject this homosexuality and bash it, only to have him proven right when Dani ends up hurting Karen by ending up with a man, thus vindicating his uglyness in the beginning. Thats typical Bill writing. I think even Pam would be a good person to use to reject this. Maybe both she and Ridge could

• Members

Great forthright interview. I remember years ago the rumor that Susan and Joanna had a fling so the rumors about their sexuality have been around forever. Live and let live, I say.

Agreed. I watched B&B from day one. I stayed with the show for many years because of my love for both Caroline and Stephanie. Joanna was wonderful as Caroline. She should have been a bore as the "good" girl versus "bad" girl Brooke, but there was something refreshing and compelling about Caroline.

• Members

I remember hearing that around 2003, 2004 or so, although I don't when that rumor started or how long it was around for.

Totally agree.

Who could Joanna be talking about? The only openly gay actor from a Bell show I can think of is Thom Bierdz, and there were those who it was speculated about over the years (the late Terry Lester, Michael Corbett, Susan Flannery, Jeff Trachta, Christian Leblanc).

• Members

It's kind of crazy all the buzz JJ is getting she has been Top 5 trending on Yahoo for a couple of days and it's not like she's really been a part of the show for a long time (except for a few drop-ins). I hope this encourages her to be on the canvass, even if it's on a recurring role that perhaps builds. It's all going to depend on how Caroline takes hold. If the character is a success, she'll be around. The jury is out as far as I'm concerned. Honestly, who is more fun to watch Amber or Caroline?

Archived