Mistresses: Discussion Thread

• Members

I just watched the UK pilot episode and it definitely has a darker tone than its US counterpart. I much prefer the American version. It's lighter, a little bit more fun, and perfect for the summer. I don't like Yunjin Kim in her role though. She seems stale. But if they are going to feature an Asian female, at least they didn't go with the usual pick of Lindsay Price.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Price is the usual pick for these kinds of shows (and Ming-Na for the more dramatic or serious ones.) Funny, because a lot of the critics say that the sex seems a lot less fun in the US version--more like something with serious repercussions. Those reviews were based on three episodes, and it's too early for myself to say, but... (Though I admit I got a weird vibe from the whole Jason George "I'll do your work if I can see your panties" element that I didn't in the UK one--maybe cuz Jason George is always so charming and non-creepy and yet has to play a character who is essentially sexually harassing her...>)

• Members
:lol:. I'm not disagreeing but the title just bothers me. They probably might have been able to hook me in had it been called something else but I'm already turned off. To quote Traci from Love and Hip Hop Atlanta, all I see the word Mistresses, all I see is Hos

• Members

I watched the pilot to give this show a fair shot...

1) It's so bland being set in Los Angeles, and the glossy, fake Los Angeles at that, not even the "gritty" 'Melrose Place' Los Angeles.

2) I didn't give a damn about any of the characters by the time the pilot was over. It was dull.

3) Not one tenth as interesting as the UK version, wasn't like the UK version at all. This is 'Mistresses' in name only.

• Members

Little underwhelmed by episode 2. I spent more time cringing at Alyssa's wardrobe than paying attention to the plot.

Oh, other than Karen's hot doctor pal. Girl oughta hit that to forget about Mr. DeadGuy.

• Members

LOL I had the exact same thoughts! I don't know if Alyssa's wardrobe was bad or if she just could not pull it off at all, on top of it not fitting her well.

Yes, she should totally hit that!

I did like that they were at least smart about it and checked to make sure that the other woman wasn't a fraud.

Jocelyn continues to be a lot of fun.

Archived