Y&R - May Discussion Thread

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eileen Davidson, Marcy Rylan and Bryton have been absolute standouts this week. ED makes it look effortless and easy and really shows up hams like Billy Miller (who wisely toned it down in his scenes with her). Stephen Nichols has also been great, though I still can't warm to Tucker. And I like the Abby/Devon friendship. There is something natural and warm about it.

Just thought I should give credit where credit is due. The rest of the show's stories can go drown in the same river that took Dru for all I care.

• Members

Wow, I read that just as THE TALK flashed a photo of Eva. Creepy.

Yeah, I realize it's in keeping with what happened to Isabella. I just feel like MAB & co. are being their usual, lazy selves instead of recasting and / or sending him out of town.

• Members

Actually, I think Ricky will do all three. The more I think about it, though, the more I think MAB, and especially Hogan Sheffer, is capable of having Ricky fake his death, then come back months later, portrayed by another ex-AMC'er (Jordi Vilasuso, maybe?), with the explanation that it was another one of those pesky brain tumors that cause people to flip their [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

Victoria Rowell (ex-Drucilla, THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS) is making a splashy return to television this summer! Soaps In Depth has learned that the actress has a three-episode arc on the upcoming second season of VH1's hot drama, SINGLE LADIES. Rowell has been cast as Veronica Vanderbilt, a stylish attorney who is working for Raquel, one of the series' main characters, played by ALL MY CHILDREN alum Denise Vasi (Randi). And in another daytime connection, Veronica is the ex-girlfriend of Terrell Tilford's Sean! (Tilford GUIDING LIGHT's David and ONE LIFE TO LIVE's Greg.)

According to a spokesperson for SINGLE LADIES, Rowell's episode will air toward the end of the season, likely beginning in early August. The second season of SINGLE LADIES will debut on Monday, May 28, on VH1.

• Members

At least there is finally gonna be some actual talent. I tried last season to watch, but 2 minutes in, and that was all I could take! Between Lisa and Stacy, I don't know who's worse. Lisa is never meant to be taken seriously as an actress, but Stacy should have improved, just a little is all I'm asking. She's no better than she was in that movie with Alicia Silverstone (can't get the name to the front of my head). She's been awful for far too many years! I hated the show from the 2 minutes I saw, but I'll watch VR!

ANDREA

Archived