March 19-23, 2012

Toups

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ring the #$*(&#$#$ alarm bells for Y&R already. This isn't about nice weather - the show has been bleeding viewers for a year or more. Those numbers are shocking.

Since "Cartini" have done nothing for GH, I assume the drumbeat to move them to Y&R will start soon.

• Members

You said it, this isn't about the weather, this is about Y&R bleeding viewers like a person whose been under the guillotine! And this isn't a sudden loss, this has been developing for a year. Y&R has lost what, a million viewers, in the last 365 days? It's at a 3.0, that's a dramatic drop.

DAYS is doing exactly what I said it would be doing back in September, failing. The reboot has done nothing for the show. It just keeps dropping.

GH is suffering from its lead in for sure.

B&B is holding its own because it's easy to watch and relatively enjoyable.

• Members

Please don't take offense to this but I don't think GH's poor ratings can be blamed on the Revolution. I don't think those two shows cater to the same audience. I think GH is bleeding viewers because (1), soap viewers who watched AMC and OLTL are tuning out in protest over those two shows cancellations, or (2), GH fans aren't buying Cartini's crap. Maybe it's a combination of both?

• Members

I think the show also just sucks, and has for some time. The ratings began falling in 2010 and nothing much has changed it. The show got a temporary bump, because fans were lured in by the returns of Robert or Anna, or by the OLTL stunt, but both of those have been handled atrociously. The viewers leave again. As long as GH revolves around the likes of Sonny, Jason, and their ilk, nothing will change.

• Members

Please Corday, fire MarDar now. The show has hired 9 new expensive characters, has almost all its most popular couples back on screen and they still aren´t able to pull better numbers than Higley during her worst EJ/Taylor and double Rafe crap?!

That kind of incopetence should be criminal.

• Members

This. Notice how the ratings went up when Tristan and Emma returned but then tanked after viewers saw what an awful story TPTB wrote for them. It's the same old Sonny, Jason and Carly show with the same old disrespect toward the vets. Viewers have had enough.

• Members

The bad lead-in argument fails because GH repeatedy hit all time lows LAST year despite OLTL scoring its highest spikes in 2 years. One shocking week last summer GH fell to 2.19 million viewers.

The Sonny & Brenda wedding was the last story that really helped spike GH numbers and that lasted only about 6 weeks. And those short-term gains came after months of Brenda return story failing.

I honestly don't know why Katie Couric reportedly wants GH as a lead-in. GH will appear an even darker mess sandwiched between cheerful Chew hosts and the queen of perkiness Katie Couric. That lineup doesn't mesh well so it's a tough decision ABC faces. Obviously the Revolting was DOA, so I can't believe they didn't have any other projects in the works close to ready as a replacement?

Archived