Days of our Lives = Must See TV

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No stories? Austin just got through with that Abby thing, and it looks like Rafe is about to enter their picture. Jennifer was arrested for tampering with an election, John is in Alemania in Stefano's clutches. Billie and Lucas just got back so it is too soon to say what they will be doing, but the show did a pretty good job oh working Jack, Jennifer, Austin, Carrie, John and Marlena into the show. It's not like they are all Kayla and Justin, just hanging out waiting for someone to say hello to them.

• Members

My take on this forum is Days can only be good if Maggie and Lexis are front and center. Nobody else matters except Lexie and Maggie at SON it sometimes seems. Kate also to a lesser degree. Maggie was fine but the moment she married Victor, literally the very moment, both characters ran their course and were no longer needed. She is perfect, he tries his best to please her, and we can look in on them once a month to see how perfect she is. Not much else is needed from those two as long as they stay married.

• Members

For the most part I do enjoy the show more consistently than I have since the '90's, but while its good and not really fast forward worthy, it lacks a certain spark. The dynamite's in place. If only MarDar would light the fuse, the show would explode into what it should, and could, be.

• Members

Ha!

It seems like no one is ever fully happy about Days, you got that right. :)

As for me I think the show is much better than Reilly's 2nd go round and better than the last year of Higley, but there are problems. I've gone over them in the MarDar thread (too many characters sitting idle, sudden changes in characters, stories running too fast, etc.) so I won't repeat it verbatim.

• Members

There are no doubt problems, but I generally look forward to watching most days, and I don't find it painful to sit through episodes. It might be a seriously unpopular opinion, but I don't think that many people are behaving out of character, either. The janky pace is an issue, because you're either getting whiplash or watching the same crap for weeks on end, but I find it generally quite watchable on a day-to-day basis. It's not the golden age of daytime, but the core of the show feels very much intact.

• Members

I am in the same boat as most. There is nothing really bad or great about Days right now. I can't quite put my finger on it. Still can watch it and be entertained. I just keep waiting for that electricity to hit. I just watched the season 5 opener of Mad Men and there is something about it that Days needs. Nothing over the top and crazy and no big stunts, just an element that isn't coming together for some reason.

Part of it feels like the Days universe isn't alive, I don't know. When I watch mid to late 90's Days there is an energy that is missing now. I can't explain it.

Archived