Days of our Lives = Must See TV

• Members

I stopped watching soaps 3 years ago because of work/and the shows just weren't good anymore. Just recently started watching Days of our Lives again and it's unreal how good this show is day in and day out. They got all that history they can play around with because of all these vets being back on the show. It's like the good ole days again, your all into the show and then they come off the last comercial only to show closing credits and your like "aw man" lol.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This show is a trainwrek... it reminds me of the finals days of AMC, a lot of familiar faces acting way out of character. To think, so many of these players were on the week of Alice Horton's death, which was the last time that this show really felt like DOOL to me.

The worst offender, Carrie Brady. On of my longtime, favourite actresses/character not being able to make it through a scene without looking like an idiot.

There is no one else to blame except the writers.

• Members

DAYS is so much better than it has been in the past. Every story isn't perfect but overall the show is very entertaining and I think MarDar are doing a pretty decent job. There have been times in the past when the show was unwatchable (JER's 2nd stint/Most of Dena Higley) but that can't be said for what is happening now. The Will story is just stellar and I am really enjoying the Austin/Carrie/Rafe/Sami/Abigail story. On a scale from 1-10 I definitely give the show a solid 7.

• Members

I love it myself. Thanks for getting old grumps rowd up on here. They are so predictable. Esp the coattail riding of the animated pics. Im just glad it's worth one going out there way to post something like that.

It's all good. What's good for one isn't for all. Im very entertained day in and day out. I respect every one's opinions though.

• Members

I agree i seen it at its worst before. It is good, it could use some tuning up in area but overall its good. I for one respect your opinion, Why do the fans with the PhDs in soaps think their opinions have to be everyone else opinions as well?? Glad you created this thread, it shows their are fans out there who are not constantly bickering about something and have something positive to say.

• Members

I disagree with the OP but I also disagree with a lot of the responses here. This is not AMC in its final days, this is not a hollowed-out soap like GL or AMC became at the end. This is a show that could still easily be great and all of the elements are there to make it great, but the writing just isn't. It's still watchable and has its core intact but it's just not interesting. Having its core intact puts it instantly above GH or Y&R though.

Archived