February 20-24, 2012

Toups

• Members

That's right, the S&B wedding was held over President's Day. And OLTL that week as it was only 2.5 million viewers so it wasn't a lead-in bounce.

The other recent spike came from Sonny shooting Dante. Sonny never paying for trying to murder an unarmed cop drove their ratings steadily down for most of 2010.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH has been so amazing lately under Ron C. and the ratings upticked faster that I thought they would but that's probably unfortunately b/c of President's Day b/c The Chew got a boost too.

If GH stays even with this rating or grows next week then we might be looking at the next OLTL.

I've enjoyed crazy Abby on DAYS but some of the other stuff is boring a little bit for me to get invested everyday.

B&B is telling the best stories everyday with that Steffy/Liam/Hope stuff. It just amazes me how Steffy who is beyond these two in beauty is selling herself short and not going for the other dudes in town. Bill is a better match for Steffy than with Liam.

Y&R clearly a lost cause just not telling good sotires right now and moving way too damn slow. I'm glad that the AMC viewers are tuning in though and keeping that show's ratings afloat.

• Members

The genre is lacking severe energy they had some spark last year with all of the AMC/OLTL cancellation controversy and OLTL becoming a force but since then nothing.

GH has the potential to put some life back into but they really need more soaps clicking together at the same time.

I think the energy has died b/c the genre has died on us hopefully there's a revolution made in the genre like a new soap not specifically daytime but something way better than what their doing now.

• Members

I have to point out I liked a lot of RC's work and though I think he's vastly overated and had huge lame points, I think he can only be an improvement to GH but... He definitely has a track record of doing often GREAT week or even month long climaxes to stories (which frankly most of his opening GH stories feel like), the downfall invariably is a let down and then there's usually a period of vastly middling storylines. I hope he had enough time to try to avoid that with GH, because they don't have any time for that and have a history of ratings dropping sharply after major event stories, but...

• Members

Emma Samms does look great, however the character of Holly is taking a beating once again. I thought Ron would fix GuzaHolly and turn her back into 80sHolly but it seems Ron isn't changing a thing. I do like everything with Robert and Anna though - although the scenes are so short.

But in the end, I don't think any of this will help. I think GH will be off the airwaves by September.

• Members

I saw that on a site

ABC's Paul Lee Doesnt want to Talk GH anymore

From The TCA's When Asked About GH From Hollywood Reporter

Exact Quote

Stop asking. Lee claims he doesn’t know if General Hospital will live on at ABC, nor does he know when such a decision will be made. What he will say is that he loves the show, and has a personal history in the soap space having gotten his
start
in telenovelas.

• Members

Boy, no matter what Days does, they can't bring in the demos. EJami's actions revealed = No bump; Will's big dramatic moment = No bump. With all that happened on Thursday 23rd, 85,000 viewers still weren't intrigued enough to tune back in on Friday. I'm really intrigued as to how or what they'll have to do to improve them.

• Members

I think it just reveals that there are no real stakes in these big moments folks are invested in. Did viewers really care about anothe round of EJ/Sami/Nicole/Rafe after 3 years of it. Sami is moving onto Lucas, Nicole moves out and its like big deal or good because I'm tired of them. Even Wills story has lost some momentum.

Death always pulls in ratings for GH. Starr saves the day

• Administrator

Rafe finding out wasn't even promoted! And there was no build up to Rafe finding out - I don't believe he was even on in previous episodes leading up to the revelation. But at the very least, Rafe finding out should've been the promo for the week instead of Will. Plus, the DAYS on air promos are so bad.

• Members

The stories lack energy. This seems to happen again and again. Screaming and yelling through scenes isn't energy. There is also no fallout - the show had already busted up Sami/Rafe so who cares about the EJ/Sami reveal?

The only story which seems to have some energy is the Abby thing.

Archived