Kylie Minogue's 25th Anniversary in the industry

EricMontreal22

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've liked her as a brunette in the past (though she does look more like her sister), but I agree it doesn't work here. While Kylie will never be famous as one of the better voices in the industry--she has worked truly hard for a long time now on her live vocals (and hasn't lip synched since the mid 90s)

• Members

WHAT?? laugh.png No, I never heard that. I really don't know much about her actually, I just remember her butt from that video and some magazines. It was her sister and not her right who got into it with Sharon Osbourne on X-Factor?

• Members

Yeah that was poor Dannii (who HAS had plastic surgery--she had a breast job after she divorced her husband Julian McMahon after reportedly finding him in bed with another woman. Actually Sharon really seemed to bully up to Dannii--there's an episode of Graham Norton where she and Graham act like school bullies gleefully laughing away at Dannii's appearance. Even Sharon's daughter tweeted that her mother should just shut up about Dannii as it was making her look like an idiot...

• Members

I was so sad when I saw her big set on Ukraine X Factor and she had that dreadful hair. I think the shade is wrong and also the hairstyle doesn't work for her. Thankfully, I believe pictures at The Brits showed that she's gotten away from that color. Unfortunately since all the KM25 videos were shot at the same time, they'll all have that awful brown hair.

Right now I'm just waiting for a big announcement. I think The Voice really messed up by not paying her and getting her on that panel. Public would've loved her and she would've added much needed star power to that panel. They should've done Jessie J, Kylie, Will.I.Am & Will Young. I got lots of pleasure hearing how awful Tom Jones has been at the recent auditions.

Back to Kylie lol, I hope she gives us something substantial soon. I expect everything major to happen in the fall at the earlier, but I need stuff now. I want a tour because Aphrodite Live just gave me life. After seeing her live once I can never miss an event like that again. If she announces tour dates far enough in advance, I'd love to go see her outside of the US. At the very least I'd try to see her in Canada, then I can see another show if she does some dates in the US.

• Members

Chris where did you see her? I went to San Fran and while a part of me missed the huge spectacle of the overseas show, it was amazing to see such a well done show (honestly as good, at least, as Madonna's) on a 75 dollar ticket, standing in the front. I think the North America tour Sold very well--and got brilliant reviews, so that she'll include N America in future tours, but she still can't sell arenas here, and it does cost them a lot to downgrade the tour and move it overseas. Honestly (and yes, I'm biased) by far one of the most brilliant live acts I've seen, and while I have some defence for people like Madonna (partially) lip synching their shows, she really proves that you can do the spectacle without that.

The tours are unabashedly camp and rarely go for the street cred Madonna (often embarrasingly) has to include, but I appreciated that she didn't downplay that for N America despite the fact that it doesn't go well here outside her fanbase and gay fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgFJM5IvL6w (I won't even bother linking where they place her on a gladiator led carriage like Madonna later did at the Superbowl)

• Members

I haven't bought the DVD so I've never seen the full Aphrodite tour, but I didn't think it looked that downgraded. I saw it in Dallas with my friend Zac and most of his friends were casual Kylie fans simply going to have something to do. They were all shocked at just how good her concert was. I was also first row which was a nice mistake on my part (I thought I'd booked the last row in my section).

Archived