Kylie Minogue's 25th Anniversary in the industry

EricMontreal22

• Members

In San Francisco the main floor was standing only so I managed to get to the front (pretty easily). The main downgrade was the fact that the much hyped fountains and water elements of her tour weren't obviously used in N America--as well as no flying over the audience on an Angel or a B stage. The DVD is pretty great--it's my first 3D concert disc and the 3D is outstanding.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unlike Madonna and some others, she's been good at getting her tours regularly on DVD (though we can't get that 1991 Let's Get To It dvd--one of her first attempts at performing live which is pretty funny with hte costumes ripping off Madonna's Blonde Ambition). So I hope so too. I'm still wondering when the 25th Anniversary TV special is meant to air.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Even though I assume the venues will be small, I assume because they know she doesn't have the fanbase in N America any dates she announces will have a lot more build up time between announcement and date to accomodate her fans from other cities who might travel and to make sure they sell well. I mean they knew she could sell a 2500 seat venue in Australia in 15 minutes--that was no surprise. Her last tour in San Francisco was at a venue that fit I believe between 4000-5000 and I believe there were still some tickets the day of (though it was pretty packed).

• Members

One of my fave of her lesser known songs from her "rock" album Impossible Princess which she largely wrote and was done to try to give her some cred after working with Stock Aitken Waterman for so long - Rehearsal footage. Looks like the three UK dates announced sold out instantly too

• Members

It must have been May yeah, or around then as I made the trip to see her in San Francisco the last week of May. Obviously it wsn't cheap for me due to the trip, but while the N A leg of the tour didn't have the huge arena water effects, etc, of the world tour, it was still pretty incredible to see such an elaborate, and *great* show in a relatively intimate venue (the floor was general admission so we managed to get right to the front) for a good price. Honestly, I love Madonna's tours but considering Kylie's cost about the same to stage (some say it was more expensive than the Sticky and Sweet tour), and tickets were a tiny fraction of what madonna charges did make me feel a bit annoyed buying Mad's tickets this year. LOL but I'm a broken record about this...

• 1 year later...

Archived