DAYS: Will & Sonny Spoiler Thread

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd rather see Sonny in a story of his own. Will's drunken smirks and whining are played out, for me, and I don't care about his love life at this point. He needs to get more character motivation before anything else.

• Members

AMCHistory:

OT - Your banner brings back memories of how much I hated the perfect prince Dr. Cliff Warner (sp?). Could not stand him and Nina and their syrupy sweet love story, so much so, that when PB turned up on Y&R, I couldn't believe how much I loved him as the delightfully devilish Jack - Jackie boy - Abbott. biggrin.png

• Members

I have been sorting through my photo archives in preparation for a revamp of my AMC Quick Guide, and this is one of the photos that stood out to me. It captures the over the top saccharine portrayal of Peter Bergman's Cliff. I think the reason why his character worked on AMC, was because at that time a lot of the characters were played as caricatures (e.g., Phoebe was extremely snobby, Palmer was extremely evil). Because those other symbols existed on the canvas, they needed a character like Cliff to provide to the balance. As the show lost some of satirical humour in the late 80's, Bergman and Cliff's spot in that society because less necessary.

This photo captures Bergman's "good-guy" charm perfectly. Thank you for noticing, I'll try to keep up with posting some more not-often-seen photos from Pine Valley.

• Members

The spoiler sounds better than what will actually come out on screen. We know we get a hug and then Will thinks about it afterwards......not a biggie to me.....now if Sonny is the one Will kisses than we have something......we know Will kisses someone but so far it has not been told who it is.

• Members

The show’s executive producer Greg Meng was equally evasive about Will and Sonny saying , “Well, Sonny is his friend, his mentor and his role model. So it will be interesting to see where we go with that. It’s just got to flow organically, so no promises either direction. We want it to just fall into place right. Right now I see Will and Sonny as sort of a young Starsky and Hutch or even the Hardy Boys where things keep falling into their laps and they’re off to an adventure.”

Oh lordy......really??....pfft.......they can do the Hardy Boys stuff after they [!@#$%^&*] and deal with both of them being a couple......

• Members

IOW, DAYS sees Sonny and Will as Salem's Unambiguously Gay Duo. Solving crimes through homoerotic subtext.

Well, considering the AGD were on SNL years ago, I'd chalk it up to network synergy. I guess.

• Members

It might not be a bad thing, they can hopefully develop Sonny more and have a build up, instead of rushing them together and running out of story. At least they will be both out and it is obvious they like each other. It also makes sense that because Sonny cares so much for Will he wouldn't just jump into a relationship with him for fear of messing up their friendship.

Something big needs to happen. If they are the Hardy Boys, maybe one of them gets injured while on an adventure and it causes the both of them to finally admit how they feel. It is very old school, but this was how strong couples were formed. It took time and investment.

The show isn't backtracking at this point, and I think they know what they have in Sonny and Will.

Not sure if the show is thinking this way or it is just happening this way, hopefully it will all work out.

• Members

they must have two gay duo cause Will and EJ are doing the same homoerotic subtext.....I hate when EP/writers are not in the up and up....like really.....we arent stupid...and he has to know where the hell Will and Sonny are going ...of course he could be like every other hack EP and pulling it out of his ass as he goes

yes the quote is real

Archived