B&B: February Discussion Thread

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ridge vs. Rick is so boring. I have to say Ridge's face was really shiny in Wednesdays ep, he looked pretty good.

What happened to Beverly?

If Liam cleaned & lined up his beard the same way as Bill he would look almost exactly like him I think. Their scenes were pretty good today but I'm still really annoyed with Liam & don't care who he chooses, I wish they would both kick him to the curb!

• Members

I HATE when Brooke and Taylor discuss their kids which is all they seem to do when together.

LMAO at Taylor's line about Pam never being around to do her job

I liked Brooke's hair today. It looks better when they add volume to it and its not just straight and flat

bb0202121.jpg

• Members

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

• Members

Liam and Hope's reunion was beautiful - because it was outside! Other than that, I didn't care one bit. LOL. So lame. Steffy and Hope should've decided to just leave him because he can't choose & it's so disrespectful to them. But that would never happen. Hey, this story has REALLY boosted B&B's ratings so I guess i should just go with it & enjoy...

LMAO at Taylor's line about Pam never being around to do her job

laugh.png I was laughing at that as well. And I liked Brooke's hair, too - I think KKL should cut it again though the way she did last year. She looks best like that IMO ;-).

LMAO! So great. Loved that section w/Stephanie and Pam. The elevator laugh.png

• Members

Those two Clarence Updates (which are most welcome!) sound to me like B&B enjoys having its ratings go up and is gearing up for a publicity push. Added to which, they have a Love Quintangle (Katie/Bill/Steffy/Liam/Hope) that's getting some buzz. Next stop: start featuring Jacob Young a lot more and position him as the JR of the Forresters. Give him a great love interest on a par with the chemistry he had with Alexa Havins. That will help to consolidate any AMC fans who came over for JY.

B&B is currently on a roll and I love it, because finally my little soap which I have watched since inception is getting some recognition. But the Quintangle is the only game in town and they need to expand their other storylines to keep the momentum going. I couldn't be more thrilled for the show at its recent ratings boost -- I just wish it wasn't as a result of ABC cancelling two of its soaps.

• Members

IMO, B&B is boring as heck. I don't care about Liam and Hope. Katie is just annoying. I do like Bill and Steffy together, but I don't think the writers plan on going there. Not interested in Brooke and Taylor fighting over their daughters. Not interested in Rick and Thorne whining that Ridge isn't Eric's son, as though biology is everything that ever matters.

I think B&B's rating gain is mostly due to ABC cancelling their soaps. People are running from GH because it's on ABC. People are fed up with ABC, but they still want a soap to follow, and pow - there is CBS with the 2 leading soaps, being steady. And "The Talk" is also gaining viewers.

Bill/Liam's dialogue on February 1 was fabulous! I just knew that had to be Patrick Mulcahey's (or possibly Michele Val Jean) dialogue.

http://tvmegasite.net/day/bb/transcripts/bb-trans-02-01-12.shtml

Bill: I don't understand you. You're my flesh and blood. You're my son, and half the time, I don't understand you.

Liam: Okay. Okay, you don't understand me. That's one true thing you've said.

Bill: You're angry at me. You hate my guts. Just bottom-line it for me. I'm better that way.

Liam: Hey, you came to me. You on a fact-finding mission, or you got something to say?

Bill: Oh, come on, you know why I'm here. I want to know what you intend to do.

Liam: Why? So you can hire somebody to stop me?

Bill: You know what? (Exhales deeply) what do you want from me?

Liam: Less, dad! Less of everything-- less manipulating, less lying, less bullying, less B.S., Less acting like you are entitled to me-- because you're not-- less trying to "make a man" out of me, because men are not made the way magazines are made. And in any case, it's too late for that. And--and do not-- do not come knocking on my door demanding to know what I want from you. What the-- what the hell is that? If you have something you want, if you have something you have to say to me, then let's hear it. Otherwise, you can drive back to town in your shiny black car and come back when you find some humility.

Bill: I'm sorry.

Liam: You're not.

Bill: No, I'm not. I don't know what I'm doing. It's like I am in quicksand, and I don't know how to get out, and I don't like the feeling.

Liam: Look, something brought you her, some outcome that you're hoping for. So what is it?

Bill: I want you to realize that you and Steffy can still work through this.

Liam: No, no, no. No, stop, stop. Who I'm married to, who I sleep with, who I am in love with-- these cannot be items on your wish list. I'm sorry.

Bill: It's--it's wrong that your happiness is important to me?

Liam: What--what-- what does that even mean? Yeah, it's wrong if it means filling up my life with things that make you happy, like Steffy.

Bill: Tell me you don't have feelings for her.

Liam: Tell me you don't. Try this on...

Bill: (Sighs)

Liam: I am not you. Now I know how you want to hear that. You want to hear it as a-an excuse or a complaint or a declaration of failure. It's not. It's a fact. I'M... not... you. Most of the things that inspire you, that make you happy, that excite you, they do nothing for me-- the way you dress, the way you walk, the stuff you buy, the things you think. But that's okay, because I want you to be happy. I want you to have the things that you want. Hell... (chuckles) I want that for everybody. So why can't you want that for me? Because I'm not a son to you. I'm a construction project. You get to take your own bad life and rebuild it, only on a smaller and more manageable scale where you're totally in charge.

Bill: I got news for you-- my life doesn't suck. And neither does yours, "Mr. Minimum wage intern" until you found me.

Liam: Look at you. You got a sister who barely even speaks to you, a wife who keeps on walking out on you because she can't deal with the things you do, a son who used to think that you were a god and now can't stand the sight of you. But hey, no, that's-- you know, that's--that's cool. That's okay. You've got your yes-man Justin and a whole bunch of people who you pay or bribe to tell you what you want to hear. And this is the happy life that you want for me? No, no, thank you. It's all yours.

Bill: You can't stand the sight of me?

Liam: Well, so far, it's better than the sound of you. (Scoffs)

Bill: My father couldn't stand the sight of me, either, for the mere fact that I existed.

Bill: Thankfully, that skipped a generation. I did resent it at one time that there was nobody to teach me how to be a man, that I had to figure that out for myself of course, it's hard to teach yourself something that you've never seen. So, yeah, it--it's possible that I have a completely screwed-up concept of what that is. To me, it's like the deepest, best par me that I never knew is up and walking around with scruffy hair and a patchy little beard calling itself by your name. And I want to be close to it. I want to know it inside and out. I want to protect it and keep it safe because that's what you are to me, the most important man in the world, and the only good reason that I exist.

Liam: (Sighs) oh. Wow. (Sighs) I can't be that for you, dad. Get a dog. I can't handle that much of your messed-up attention. I mean, you-- you have awesome powers of focus, but until you exchange your priorities for an actual set of, I don't know, morals, ethics, then whatever is number one on your list is gonna be the number one target of your craziness. And like I said, no, thank you. So instead of-- instead of trying to find new ways of operating me by remote control, why don't you rummage around in the dark recesses of your head and see if you can't find your own operating manual? Because believe it or not, you are messing your own life even worse than you're messing up mine.

Liam: (Sighs)

Bill: I suppose I'm also asking you the wrong question. Do you think you can ever forgive me? Eventually?

Liam: I don't know. I don't... (sighs) I don't even know if it's a matter of that, because now that the curtains have been drawn and I can see the machinery that you've put in place, I can begin undoing the damage, you know? And I-- I trust myself to do that w-with a minimum of additional misery to all those involved, but I can't see you the same way again. I mean, do-- do children ever really just brush off the lies that their parents tell them? Even the innocent ones? You were my hero. Do you know that? My hero. I wanted to be just like you, except... (chuckles) except with better manners. But you're not a genius, and you're not a giant. You're a rich man with a very tiny idea of what life is about. You're generous... when it benefits you. But when you tell somebody you love them, if they knew, if they really knew what that meant, they would take off running.

I really hope this isn't the end of Hope/Liam/Steffy/Bill/Katie - the show is on fire with this storyline and it's been ratings gold. Brad Bell would be a fool to let this storyline cool down, or ditch it totally. It's a simple, classic soap storyline about love and obsession, and I want more of it.

Archived