AMC: Chrishell Stause talks about original vignette ending

• Members

I guess my problem with a Babe/JR happy ending is I'm not sure they could ever be happy. Babe always wanted him to be better than he was and JR always expected Babe to be a saint and lashed out when she was far from it. I thought the ending probably reflected the true reality of JR/Babe, and of JR's character.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, if all the vignettes were in this vein, I think we can live without them. Would I be interested in still seeing them all, sure. But sounds like stuff we could easily imagine for ourselves. Whether J.R. offed himself or anyone else is of course the big mystery. Maybe no one died, maybe they were only wounded or maybe a Ming vase was the victim. If it's any consolation, remember that even if J.R. killed himself, this is a soap and that would have been reversed the moment JY decided to come back. But as for everyone and everythng else, I think we got plenty of happy endings, and if you don't know that Miss Erica Kane will be just fine, well then you don't know Erica. wink.png

• Members

I actually kinda agree. I hate having a cork put on the show--and much prefer it left open ended. (If Angie had never found out who her baby was, on the other hand...) It's also kinda great to have the creator of the show helkp write the end (something I used to feel partly mixed about--is it better to die before your baby or after--but have come to a decision about).

• Members

My guess is that they would have been more or less what we DID see on the screen, just no cliffhangers. Bianca and Marissa would have been happy together, Babe would have been alive and with a non-crazy JR, and Jack and Erica would either have stayed together or they would have gone their separate ways - her to Hollywood and him to KWAK. IDK that it would have been all that different than what we got. I know Leo was supposedly alive and something was shot at Confusion, but I'd bet $ it was just more Ryan and Greenlee propping, like an alive Leo watches quietly from the background as Ryan and Greenlee celebrate their anniversary or something, and he wishes them the best before walking away.

• Members

I think that's what it was. I think the Leo story played as it was supposed to happen up until the deleted ConFusion scene. Greenlee's initial dream of Leo was intended -- but then flashforward to reveal Leo is very much alive in the manner as which you've said. Watching everything from the background...

josh-duhamel-all-my-children-1.jpg

They could've easily put Josh in a suit on the day he was there, shot a couple of close ups on the ConFusion set and inserted them into the final episode. That way, Leo fans would be comforted knowing he's alive, and the tens of Rylee fans would be comforted knowing their couple wouldn't be ruined.

shhh.gif... don't speak for me. :)

• Members

Why do you even bother replying to me? I guess you haven't gotten the hint that I've been ignoring you? LOL.

Since you apparantly didn't get that, I'll reply to this, then go back to ignoring you wink.png

A hack by any other name is still a hack. Oh and if you mean Broderick, I don't think she's a hack, not too fond of things she's written, but she's head & shoulder's above most other daytime writers.

It's a weak insult LOL, he just loves giving me atttention, even though I've ignored him for over a year ;)

Archived