AMC: Chrishell Stause talks about original vignette ending

• Members

Chrishell7 Chrishell Stause

To those wanting to know the original ending vignette I filmed for AMC (we had filmed BEFORE the Prospect Park offer)....

Amanda &Jake walk into Oak Haven with Trevor & their new adorable boy they adopted, where Janet greets them. U see them hug & visit. Family.

Each family was gonna have their own sweet vignette & music playing over. Makes me sad only a few were filmed & none will be seen.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just want to know what JR's ending would have been without the botched PP deal. To me that was probably the most depressing ending out of them all, even though I wasn't a fan of the character for pretty much JY's entirety on the show I just felt his ending was incredibly mean spirited and just in general disheartening. I would have enjoyed it more if all the characters on AMC had a sweeter send off and ended on a brighter note then someone dead at the end of a party.

• Members

I wouldn't say he was along the lines of AJ Quartermaine. JR was an anti-hero, damaged, but often in a lead role. AJ never was.

I think the ending was honest to JR's character. He had been destroying himself for years and other people had been destroying him. They got some very powerful scenes with Adam, Dixie, and Babe out of his downward spiral. The only cheap part was everything with Bianca/Marissa, which was so one-note and had him spouting the anti-gay comment of the day.

• Members

I think JR's whole storyline was supposed to go in a different direction. VI already confirmed that Babe was the "B" patient that David had saved. Alexa's cameo was locked-in for the revival. Her storyline was changed when the PP deal was signed because Alexa was not going to continue online.

I think that there was going to be the Babe/JR reunion that would stop him from spiraling furthur out of control. Babe's revival would probably have helped reconcile his relationship with Marissa and Krystal, leading to the reunion with his son,

• Members

Not to get into this -- again -- but I still fail to see how Babe being alive would alter anything concerning Prospect Park, considering Jacob Young wasn't going to be continuing with AMC regardless. They could've very well had Babe and JR snatch AJ from Grandma Boring and go off into the sunset. I'm not saying I prefer one ending for JR over the other, I'm just saying it wouldn't have been impossible to keep Babe alive if they really wanted to do it.

• Members

I think I'm in the huge minority, but I felt JR's ending spiral downwards was a long time coming. I don't find it mean spirited--these are characters with some relatability and things like that happen in real life (of course soap opera turns it up a few notches).

The vignette sounds nice--and not as Six Feet Under as rumour made it sound. I really wish these alternate endings--the few that were filmed--would somehow be released online.

Call me naive, but I still don't feel that Leo would have proven alive (I have an annoyed feeling that that image of him at CONfusion was him watching over Ryan and Greens)--I would hope that even Broderick would realize too many MORE returns from the dead would be even more of an issue. I also thought Babe's return was note perfect (Gillian's on the other hand...)

• Members

JR's character is one of the more confusing trajectories that the show had in the 00's. They wrote him as a hero, then a villian, then an anti-hero, then a victim and he became overtime some sort of amalgamation of an anti-hero, everyday man and a villain protagonist. It's actually strange to think that he was originally very Dixie-like when he first came back in 2003, before Megan changed him into a miniature version of Adam which he was popularized for. That being said he was by all means a lead character -- he was always an important character in Chandler/Martin based storylines, often the central figure most of the time who drove the actions of various characters. So I don't think anyone could say the character was underused or undervalued. There were certainly other male leads who were in his general age range that fell to the wayside and never got the treatment that JR got on AMC. Per example: Jaime, Josh, Scott, Jonathan, Frankie and Aiden were all males who writers overlooked in favor of the three central males on the show Zach, Ryan and JR.

I don't think anything about it was unrealistic persay but it's still just so painfully depressing. Dixie's only son going Columbine on all of Pine Valley was just a kick in the teeth, even if the character had been a total !@#$%^&*] for the better part of seven years. To have that scene/storyline as the final glimpse of the character was a morale killer especially since everyone else in PV had a relatively happy ending and got everything they wanted. It just seemed more like JR was the unwanted step child who never got to be happy while everyone else on the show got shiny new toys. I'm not saying JR hasn't done some truly evil things in his time. Druggings, drunk drivings, taking hits out on people, beating people with pipes, hitting them with baseball bats, attempted murder, blackmail, framing, etc. et al. Even the shooting itself was something he already did before - he shot at Krystal and ended up shooting his own mom back in early 06' back in February. It wasn't necessarily about anything out of character for him. It was just a poor way to send him off and end his storyline just so PP could have the needed cliff hanger that they ended up not even using.

I figured that was the case. I always knew the person David had, was Babe. It had to be her as there was no other blonde woman with the name starting with the letter B who existed in AMC's history. Also she was the only one who David would know and would want to save. Even though I hated Babe and JR together a lot of the time I realize that they were the love of each others lives and it would have been sweet if she could have saved him from his downward spiral and homicidal rampage.

This pretty much. It's obvious JR was used as the catalyst to launch NuAMC. They had every one else happy and paired up like Noah's Arc, they needed JR to be the deranged lunatic who hated the entire town and community and who would do something drastic to take audiences to PP.

I think the exact opposite actually. Gillian's return, apperance or whatever was perfect for me and actually made me change the way I viewed David's whole bringing back the dead situation. Gillian's return was the only one that touched me deeply enough to bring me to tears because it was so heartfelt, brief and showed how much Ryan truly loved her and how much it hurt him that David was using the fact that she might be alive to manipulate him and Greenlee. Gillian's brief appearance and the flashback of them respected everything about Ryan and Gillian and also respected her death. I always had a problem with Babe's death because like all of Pratt's storylines it made no sense and was only used for temporary shock value -- to add further insult to injury he created Babe 2.0 in the form of Marissa and gave her all of Babe's friends and storylines. rolleyes.gif I will always love seeing Alexa and I think her and Jacob if nothing else were perfect in their roles but there was always a sense that there was something unresolved in their scenes and it seemed that there were a ton of misunderstandings with the whole "Patient B" storyline.

Archived