SOAPnet's post OLTL schedule

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly, and I would love to see the numbers. I tend to think that there are classic people, and there are people who are not nostalgic at all and don't give a crap about looking back. I think the classic folks think the older the better.

• Members

I think they're probably just going to continue airing the Jan 2007 episodes of AMC & OLTL they've been showing lately, but back to back now. It'll be interesting if they air different episodes though (which is what I hope happens).

And last I read, Disney Jr. will be replacing SOAPnet sometime in February, then I read a conflicting report that said it was delayed until March. Guess we'll see about that as well.

• Members

I do wonder if this was part of the thinking of started with episodes from 5 years back or something--they felt the fashions and look looked modern enought hat random people might be fooled into watching it who wouldn't watch something that looks retro? because nothing else makes sense.

Sadly, I think they just will air two episodes back to back and not from different eras--and we already are edging into a pretty deadly time for AMC (and OLTL already is in the midst of Higley...) How long till SoapNet is gone?

• Members

This is also why I felt that reruns of The City should have made it to SN's schedule sooner rather than later because the show would have still felt rather fresh. It may have done better than RH and AW frankly for that very reason. They could have ran the whole series at least twice, I mean, didn't they air port Charles several times?

• Members

There is a youtube user who is posting those classic episodes after they air on SoapNet, which I personally really appreciate since I don't have DVR service and don't like to stay up until 2 or 3 am just to watch them.

ETA: I just looked at the schedule and it looks like the AMC episodes are now going to be on from midnight to 2 am central. I can stay up for at least the first one. Yay!

Archived