OLTL: Discussion for the week of December 5

• Members

Aw, I loved Roxy's scene about Fraternity Row getting canceled. "It's not just a TV show... it's family!" What a great way to help the audience deal with losing OLTL. I'm seriously gonna miss this show and I only started watching like a month ago :(

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So I have been so tired of the Todd/Blair/Tomas crap (boooring), as well as the Fords/teens, that I've been skipping the show lately which hasn't happened in a while... but I watched a few times last week and started again this week.

Love the Fraternity Row stuff, LOVE LOVE LOVE that Kim is back, Clint/Viki, even don't mind Rex/Aubrey and Cutter/Gigi, or even Shane/Noelle... even Neela/Shane/Jack.

• Members

You know I can be hard on RC/FV's OLTL, and complain a lot--but I was starting to feel the same way with last week--the Tomas/Todd stuff, the teens, it just felt really boring to me anbd I was getting worried as the show iwnds down (with holiday pre-emptions we have what, 25 episodes left? )

But I admit I got a real kick out of all the Fraternity Row stuff this week--even the stuff that makes no sense with it has been fun, and even the other stories I haven't been enjoying and still shouldn't (like Jack's and Gigi's) I really have been this week. Maybe it's just nostalgia now that I realized how close we are to the end of the show (and the fact that as of Feb all the soaps I loved will be completely gone).

• Members

Not even months later on youtube?

I've never been as big into the Rauch OLTL as many are--and I think it started a lot of issues with OLTL, but I think the stuff w2hen Peggy O'shea was still writing did a good mix of great character work and camp (even if it's true it started to be all about the rich and outrageouss)--it was when she left, and especially Shnessel's (sp?) last year where things got out of control.

Yeah something about the Park is the prospect for the return of soaps... Kinda sad knowing they wrote and filmed all this thinking it wouldn't be a tribute to their fans seeing as the soap is canceled but more a tribute to the fact they got a second life. Which they didn't...

I dunno, I think they got the point across. Sean seemed obsesseed with it but did the cliche "I'm neever watching my soap again fi they do this--oh it's back from commercial" thing, and most guys Jack age would (stereotypically--and this may be more of a stereotype than a reality now) never own up to enjoying a soap and make up some excuse to watch it.

Archived