OLTL: Discussion for the week of December 5

• Members

Oh Cheap, for all of our mutual love of Cord & Tina and Max & Gabrielle, I'm afraid Todd & Blair will forever be one subject where we have to agree to disagree laugh.png .

I don't like what Todd is doing, but at the same time (and I admit that this is slightly based on my "history lessons" if you will from T&Bers at other boards) I understand that he's doing it because he feels his mother is haunting him into thinking he DID kill Victor, and after everything that happened the past 8 years, he's afraid to lose her all over again. I think someone at another board put it best--for everything he may be doing for the wrong reasons, his gentle behavior towards Blair keeps sucking us (T&Bers) back in, particularly since during the DBL, for example, he didn't always treat her that well (granted I was 12-13 and don't remember some of it), and wasn't anywhere NEAR as sensitive towards her in his behavior as he is now. I LOVED that hug at the end today (and was super frustrated when Tea interrupted them AGAIN), so yes, to me and other T&Bers it actually WAS romantic. For everything that they've been through, I do think they understand each other in a way that no one else will, because of who they were when they met (KDP/RH's chemistry here is the other big factor here too, though--when I see Blair with Todd I see her BARELY even able to avoid the inevitable--all these years with someone else she thought was Todd, stopped acting like Todd, and now the REAL Todd is back, in all his Toddian glory? No wonder she's acting so confused/torn.).

That's just me though, Cheap. I still love ya all the same wub.pngsmile.png .

I also have an idea of who REALLY killed Victor, but it may be a spoiler so I won't say now.

As for Tea...well, okay, I have to disagree to a point here, too. FL is a good actress and all, but DAMN--when Tea gets upset, you see it all over the place! The hair was truly a'flyin' at one point as she reached screeching banshee levels; I was both scared and LMAOing at the same time (this was pretty much my reaction during her "Sacred Ground" freak out at Todd after Victor's funeral a few months ago) .

Again though, Cheap--remember, we've been mutual on Cord/Tina and Max/Gabby for a long time now! (It's weird to think sometimes I first met you at another board when I was around 14--I'm SO old! laugh.png ) We will always have that smile.png .

A few other notes:

Clint & Kim wub.png.

Cutter & Gigi--I can't help it; I LOVE seeing them kiss. It's so wrong in so many ways--both for the obvious and the fact that he should be kissing me laugh.png --but it is what it is. Damn it, Cutter, just tell her the truth! Part of me still wants them together after her memory is back (and give me a unicorn, too!)--but of course, my offer for him to run in my direction still stands all the same laugh.pngwub.png . I'm pretty much good with them as long as he doesn't bring her to bed before her memory's back.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I got the sense that Blair/Todd is one of his endgames, but I completely agree. So many of his romantic relationships fail because, for whatever reason, the pairing which is meant to get in the way of the main couple is, even in the worst case, far more appealing. The only time I can remember not seeing this--aside from MAYBE Vicki/Clint who I like but have to have a bit of selective amnesia that Vicki would ever forgive some of what Clint has done, even if she's forgiven more for Todd--was with Kyle and Fish. And we know how that went.

• Members

We will have to agree to disagree as well (and otherwise I really love your OLTL posts and have even changed my mind on some things because of them). It's just SOOOO poorly written. And the fact they were canceled is no excuse IMHO because it's not a time issue--it's a priority issue, and an acting one. Why does Roger use a tone of voice like my four year old nephew whenever he's lying, and why does nobody catch on to that by now? Why if he wants to build back his base in Llanview and truly missed his family does he not focus first on re-connecting with his kids and see that he could win Blair over that way? Wouldn't it be far more interesting (or maybe it's just me) to have Blair, say, engaged and into Tomas and suddenly see Todd as the man he could have been, close with her family and TRYING and then be torn as opposd to this cheapness?

• Members

1. Aww, thank you, Eric! smile.png

2. Definitely have to agree here. I'd prefer to see this SO much more and I have NO idea why that couldn't happen instead (no Todd/Starr flashbacks when you've got all those clips of KA as a child? Are you serious?). Especially with Sam, who's so adorable it's ridiculous wub.png . I love that Starr becomes herself again around him again, though, as opposed to an insipid, goody-goody teen (who wanted to a singer all her life? The same girl who was going to college to do something with science after all those years of playing with piranhas and iguanas? I don't think so!). I'm two years older than KA, so the Starr I always remember and love watching so much is the one who played so well off Todd and had to convince people that there really WAS a Man on the Wheel laugh.png . I thought she was so cool when I was 12-13 years old. It's fine that she matured a little bit, but it seemed like some of her personality was drained away when she started dating Cole, and then James later on (and STARR MANNING having a child at 16? Jessica getting pregnant at 17 made some sense, but STARR? No way, and it hasn't helped her character that much, either, no matter how cute Hope is!) I also think that Jack has EVERY right not to be happy with Todd, given what happened to him as a baby. The "Scarface" stuff has GOT to stop though. I hate it when he calls him that.

• Members

No, it didn't! OLTL has done a ton of things to Jessica over the years that haven't made any sense, and having Will Rappaport, of all people, knock her up as a teenager is near the top of that list.

Same goes for Starr, though.

• Members

Cutter/Gigi and Rex/Aubrey have much more chemistry in those pairs than Rex/Gigi ever did or will.

Also, personally I find Cutter to be one of the more attractive male stars we've had on the show in years - everyone else I find to not be very good looking...

Tomas/Blair/Todd/Tea/John......... zzzzzzzzzzzzz, aside from FL/Tea's performance, this is just so boring!

• Members

I agree. I think Rex and Gigi's quirks seem more annoying when paired. Cutter and Aubrey provide a nice balance, not unlike what Madison did for Ryan on AMC.

And BTW, I didn't care for Cutter and Aubrey, so I'm not just dissing Rex and Gigi for sport, I think the reverse pairing was pretty annoying too.

• Members

I did say it only made SOME sense! laugh.png I just meant that, for all of the talk about her being a good girl (which she largely was), she was still known to get into a little bit of trouble here and there (although getting drunk with Will and having sex right after probably DID cross the line quite a bit). Starr, on the other hand, got in the kind of trouble at 10 that would make some criminals twice her age cringe. If that Starr had continued through her teen years, I get the feeling that if there was a guy even ACTING like birth control wasn't an option and/or that she wasn't i some sort of control, she'd give him a swift kick in the who know where and that would be the end of it, no problem laugh.png .

Archived