OLTL: Discussion for the week of December 5

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Go Blair! I love that she has her brain on and isnt being stupid for Todd. I admire her devoition and trust in Tomas and going off on Todd while defending him.Take that loser!

Shane's starting to come across like a little psycho. I thought he was done with that.

• Members

I totally agree with the above quote, Eric.

I am usually not a fan of the way RC writes comedy, but the "Fraternity Row" storyline is quite funny. Although I don't know if this was his intention, Roxy acting like a crazed soap fan is a great satire on the whole situation. However, I was less than thrilled that they made Clint into some evil bastard because he suggested that the soap was cancelled because it wans't profitable. (Clint did not say those words, but he did say that his company can't save the soap for business reasons.) To be more true to life, the "Fraternity Row" scenes should have happened in a park, and all the fans who want to save the soap should go out and buy vacuum cleaners.

Also, it is so sad that a fictional soap got a SOW cover announcing it was cancelled, given the magazine failed to do the same when cancellation announcements came for the two longest running real soaps.

• Members

The writing and acting of that first Gigi/Cutter scene was SO Days of our Lives, right?

I know they retconned their blood relation, but Shane really does favor Roxy if you take a good look at them.

I also think Todd happens to currently resemble Carmen who used to play Jack.

I hate myself for feeling slightly bad for Jack for being duped, that is so the OLTL way. :P

Archived